Lego Imperial Light Cruiser, from The Mandalorian.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Congrats! I like that ship very much. There is a paper model available but it desperately needs a hi-res texture. ;) I wish you lots of fun building it - and who knows, maybe you will get some helping hands from your kids! :)

I just noticed the mini figs. They are extremely cool and it seems that you got the "entire gang" complete in one set. Great choice! :)

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
New Year, new build, new build table.... Okay old table. but cleared off to build this.
I have never built a Lego set like this... 276 page manual! Holy Crap.. or should I say "Dank Ferrik"
20230101_144832.jpg
20230101_144849.jpg

1 little sticker sheet...
20230101_144903.jpg

And 12 bags of parts...
20230101_145109.jpg

Bags 1, 3, and 6 are duplicated...

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I have a beurea full of LEGO parts. All manner of parts. tracks, hingest, parts I've never sen anywhere before. My son and I made almost everything we could imagine. We started making some cars I wish we had glued together. I hit tag sales, and purchased small garbage bags full of LEGOS. I would look to see if they had the odd little strange parts, and picked up many bags for $5 bucks. Those bags retail would be $75 bucks. If you are into LEGO, hit yard sales that look like they had kids stuff, and you won't believe what you can find for almost nothing. A lot of the parts I have are discontinued. My son has 4 huge LEGO models, my Mom purchased him the kits. Those kits cost over $125 bucks, so my son has them on his shelf, and doesn't let anyone touch them. You can't find those kits anymore. If you Google custom LEGO models, you'll be shocked by the vehicles, and ships people make. My only beef is that they will not make one part that would revolutionize LEGO. I've talked to them about it, even sent them CAD drawings, I don't want any recompense. That part is a single layer block with pins on botch sides. This would allow you to make models not only from the ground up, but mirror imaged. They have stated they will take no design considerations from anyone. That really turned me off to that company. Such a simple piece, that would change the way LEGO models could be made. What a bunch of Maroons. Still like their stuff though. :)

This is the part I proposed (not to scale):

LEGO BLOCK PROPOSAL.jpg

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I just realized that the part I'm griping about could be made with pins glued into the other side of a 2x4, or 2x6, or 2x whatever size part you want. Plastic rod that size, hmm, have to take a trip to the hobby shop. I could easily sand some down (a long strip) on my lath using Scotch Brite. Gears are starting to turn in my Brain! Legos glues together with Testers Model glue really well. :)

Chuffy70

I just realized that the part I'm griping about could be made with pins glued into the other side of a 2x4, or 2x6, or 2x whatever size part you want. Plastic rod that size, hmm, have to take a trip to the hobby shop. I could easily sand some down (a long strip) on my lath using Scotch Brite. Gears are starting to turn in my Brain! Legos glues together with Testers Model glue really well. :)
Lego - singular 'Legos' there is is no plural for Lego bricks ;) ...good luck with the custom 'mirror brick' I'd have bought them if it wasn't for the shortsightedness of the Billund-bigheads!

Chuffy70

O nice you have also the LEGO moonbase. I love those models. Last year I bought a seconghand model that was missing in my collection. I builded all models again. :animated:
I've been having a run on collecting different astronauts of late - all the dudes to the right of the little robot in the middle are my childhood ones - the guys on the left are new additions - the Red guy, in the middle of the three reds was my first ever in 1978/79 when they were first released with a sticker instead of tampo-stamping.

Lego is so stress relieving, a child's toy for the discerning adult
:fireguy:

as1.jpg