Launch when ready!

Great! BTW, I have already chosen a new project which will follow the Viper: The Shirasagi from the Godzilla Millennium series. It is a futuristic combat airplane which controls a mechanic Godzilla made of the bones of the first Godzilla. Here is a picture:

Pic One.jpg
source: http://www.tohokingdom.com/images/aliens_sdf/tn_shirasagi.jpg

It looks REALLY cool - and what's more important: it is very "edgy" which makes it an ideal candidate for papercrafting!

:)

edited by zathros

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Rhaven Blaack
I was able to find a larger image.
34ri15y.jpg

Last edited:
Zathros, you are a genious! I've been looking so desperately for pics of that plane but all I got was the link to the Toho page... THANK YOU SO MUCH! :)

They have to because they are carrying Mechagodzilla to the battle field. If you have the chance, watch the movies to see the plane in action. :)

Zathros, you are a genious! I've been looking so desperately for pics of that plane but all I got was the link to the Toho page... THANK YOU SO MUCH! :)

I am still looking. I am quite surprised there are so few pictures and no meshes? :)

Reactions: Revell-Fan
Alright folks, here we go again!

During the last months I had very little time to continue this project due to a lot of changes and challenges in life. I really got some guilt feelings because I have kept you waiting for so long. ;) Well, it is my nature to finish what I begin. So I have sprung into action again and give you a new update on the Mk. I!

v40.jpg

v41.jpg

I have resized the model to the final scale and am making the final arrangements before unfolding begins. I have reduced the polycount in certain areas to make the parts easier to build and to get rid of a "wavy" effect in the mesh. Second I have added the box recesses for the landing gear (pictured above). Third, the front of the nose has been unfolded. I am now working on the texture.

Stay tuned, it is getting interesting here soon! ;)

I am ELATED to see that you are back on this project once again!!!thumbsup
I am looking forward to seeing the unfold and then your (initial) alpha build.

Reactions: blake7
This is going to be great! Nice to see you back working on it. Can't wait to see how it turns out. I know it will look fantastic when you are done.

I am so excited!!!!! That rescale, is it 1:18 by any chance?
Hmm.......... 1:18 = 0.055555555555555....... That produces a periodical number....... I am sure SketchUp is unable to deal with that and would crash......... :Computer::fight::witch1:

Anyway, it would be impossible to enter that number. I would be sitting in front of the screen forever to type the "5"s one after the other.........

Experience has shown that editing a mesh in SketchUp is easier when the model is bigger. I tell you what, the original file was made in 1:1 scale. It was the easiest way to translate the original dimensions to the digital realm. So in theory the mesh could be used to make a life-size prop for your backyard (after some adjustments, of course ;) ).

Last edited:
P.S.: 1:24 is another BAAAAAAD number......... It has a recurring "6" at the end...............

What do you think of 1:100? That makes a pretty elegant number.... Surely, you would need some slim fingers to build it, but as soon as there are artists creating sculptures in the eyes of a needle, that idea would not be too bad, would it? ;)

Making a life size model of the MK-I Viper would be VERY COOL! If I had the space, I would give it a go!

By the way, What is wrong is "6"? In Imperial measurement, I am 6 ft, 6 in. tall. :cool:

Reactions: ASC Mclaren
Nothing wrong with the "6". But the he "6" from "1:24" is recurring, it would be impossible to enter that number. I would be sitting in front of the screen forever to type the "6"s one after the other.........

Oh, it seems that I have a déjà vu of some sorts.... Like I would be sitting in front of the screen forever to type the same paragraph one after the other..........

:D:D:D

Hmm.......... 1:18 = 0.055555555555555....... That produces a periodical number....... I am sure SketchUp is unable to deal with that and would crash......... :Computer::fight::witch1:

Anyway, it would be impossible to enter that number. I would be sitting in front of the screen forever to type the "5"s one after the other.........

Experience has shown that editing a mesh in SketchUp is easier when the model is bigger. I tell you what, the original file was made in 1:1 scale. It was the easiest way to translate the original dimensions to the digital realm. So in theory the mesh could be used to make a life-size prop for your backyard (after some adjustments, of course ;) ).

One could enter a number, say 0.0555 or maybe 0.0556, because after the ten thousandth place I figure that is accurate enough. Just trying to be helpful.

Although a 1:1 viper would be so very cool, especially for getting to work.

I have to agree with @ASC Mclaren, a 1:1 scale Viper would be pretty cool!thumbsup
The only problem that I would see is that the FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) might not like it and the US Military may have a problem with it as well. :p

One could enter a number, say 0.0555 or maybe 0.0556, because after the ten thousandth place I figure that is accurate enough. Just trying to be helpful.
Hmmm... Sure, "one" could do it, but ... Naw, I always say, IF you do it, do it RIGHT. So NO thousands or millions. :p:cool::D

The only problem that I would see is that the FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) might not like it and the US Military may have a problem with it as well. :p

What about disguising it as a trailer towed by a truck or a Hummer?;)