"khaaaaan!" The Wrath of Khan - A mini face-off!

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I wanted to suggest to use the battle damage on the 1/700 scale Enterprise which is in the archive here

However the shapes of the outer hull do not match. You could rescale page 11, print it on regular paper and transplant the damage to the small one. ;)

Chuffy70

Judging from the pic of the saucer section, it looks to be a little larger than 1/2500th scale.
Nice work, and glad to see you having success with the compass cutter.
She's running about 7" or 17cm at the moment, but if it looks right then that's good enough for me.

Yes, the compass cutter is a wonderful thing, one can never have too many gadgets
;)

Chuffy70

I wanted to suggest to use the battle damage on the 1/700 scale Enterprise which is in the archive here

However the shapes of the outer hull do not match. You could rescale page 11, print it on regular paper and transplant the damage to the small one. ;)
I nearly inflicted battle damage of a different sort over the last couple of days!!!!

But thanks for the heads up on the 'other battle damage' I shall take a look
:)

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
She's running about 7" or 17cm at the moment, but if it looks right then that's good enough for me.

Yes, the compass cutter is a wonderful thing, one can never have too many gadgets
;)
7" would put her closer to 1/1500... Where can this template be found?

Chuffy70

Right, home straight and we'll be done with the Enterprise in this update.

The Pylons were just a fold over affair an slipped over the copper wire insert, glued with UHU Gel and left to dry over night.

st1.jpg

Nacelles were fairly fiddly to construct, but no major issues.

st2.jpg

All that was left was to shove it all together!

st3.jpg

The pylons were stuck to the nacelles between the nacelle and the little horizontal box under the nacelle, which to me looked the same as the filming miniature.
st4.jpg
st5.jpg

One major flaw came to light after construction was complete - you'll see here where the neck meets the saucer, there is a noticeable dent where the weight of the saucer is pulling the neck inwards.
st6.jpg

Anyone building this little ship will need to add some cross members or supports to the highlighted area, as the saucer is very weak at this joint. Lesson learned for the following Reliant build.
st7.jpg

Overall the Enterprise was a fun build - having never constructed one before I've enjoyed it - I hope the Reliant goes as smoothly - She will be made in-between these three which need to be shipped to the USA by March.

st8.jpg