Eastern Front - micro diorama in the walnut

mikezax

As in previous years, this year I will try to glue another micro diorama in a walnut. The competition was organized by minimodel.cz, but in recent years it has not been announced.
I will try to continue. The essence of this competition was to glue a model of any technique and place it in a walnut shell so that it could be completely closed. I stayed with the military theme, but this time I will try to process something from the Eastern Front. So it will be a clash of German and Russian technology, I'll see what happens ...

Past walnuts:

konecne foto DSCN4067.jpg

...walnut 2017:

...walnut 2018:

...walnut 2019:

...walnut 2020:

First I managed to glue Sd.Kfz. 222 Ausf. B from R&P Models. The original is at 1:87, I reduced it to 1: 200, it has more than 100 parts, which was no longer very pastable for me at 1: 200, so I simplified where possible, but it's still for me on the edge of stickability...
Just like last year for walnut, I prepared a stem from the cup, I will still glue the base as in previous years.

A few photos of the current state:

DSCN6056.jpgDSCN6059.jpgDSCN6080.jpgDSCN6085.jpg

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I've seen these built, but never have seen them sold already built. They would make great gifts. Go Coconut, and you could make a whole battle scene!! :)

Last edited:

mikezax

Thanx ;)

I proceed slowly ... I glued and sprayed the pedestal, carved and sprayed the inscription and added hinges on walnut. So far, I still have it detachable, because now I'm going to do it separately with each half of the shell.:

DSCN6170.jpgDSCN6177.jpgDSCN6181.jpgDSCN6186.jpg

mikezax

I glued the opponent for Sd.Kfz. 222. Finding some Russian equipment in a minibox scale is not like that simple... but I managed to find a T-34 from Rawen in 1: 100. So I reduced it to 1: 200. I had to shorten it to fit in the walnut, the back side (actually the whole tank) will be hidden in the vegetation, so it will not matter ...

DSCN6187.jpgDSCN6190.jpgDSCN6206.jpgDSCN6212.jpg

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
WOW! Those vehicles are tiny! I have to say that I always enjoy seeing your work!

mikezax

Thanks ;)

I found some free space in the walnut, so I glued the Zundap KS750 motorcycle from R&P Models.This is a bit extreme because the original is at 1:87 and after reducing to 1: 200 it was quite small ...When I took the photo, I stuck it on my nail, because if I sneezed I probably wouldn't find it anymore ...:)

A few photos:

DSCN6245.jpgDSCN6262.jpgDSCN6266.jpgDSCN6270.jpg

mikezax

z-DSCN6383.jpg

So I'm done. I'm glad that I managed to finish it this year as well, even though it's a bit of a burden, especially for the eyes. Let me just summarize, the competition was originally organized by minimodel.cz, it was not announced in 2020 and it has probably already ended definitively. I keep going.
The essence of this competition was to glue a model of any technique and place it in a walnut shell so that it could be completely closed. I stayed with the military theme, this time I finally got to the Eastern Front.The whole nut is about compromises, what can still be done and especially how to do it so that it can be closed, so it must be taken that way ...;)

In the nut I tried to create the following diorama:
The story takes place in the USSR during World War II, a unit of the Wehrmacht at Sd.Kfz. 222 stopped by the lake to rest. Here they were caught by a motorcycle to warn them that the Red Army was close. He suddenly emerged from behind the hill T-34 with an infantry, which sealed their fate ...
I will mention a few details:
-I gave something to almost all the soldiers, so the motorcycle clutch has a message, the soldier next to the transporter smokes, the Russian soldiers have weapons (although I could have made them even smaller ...), the soldier behind the transporter, I put a tree there, with which I originally he didn't count, but he came in exactly that place ...
-The tank has a rotating tower, so if I close it it has to aim in front
-in the upper shell there is a spring from which water flows into the lake in the lower shell, I created a stream of water from a fiber that is used in a light fountain. In order to close it, it is glued at the top and it slides into the hole in the lake at the bottom.

In the diorama I used the following models (free models from the internet):
-Sd.Kfz. 222 Ausf. B (1:87 reduced to 1: 200 - R&P Models)
-Zundap KS750 (1:87 reduced to 1: 200 - R&P Models)
-T-34 (1: 100 reduced to 1: 200 - Rawen)
-I finally used 9 pieces of soldiers in the nut.

Just like in previous years, I glued the walnut to the stem of a cup with an engraved name ... Also, this walnut got a base, where there is some talk and photo.

A few photos:

DSCN6337.jpgDSCN6340.jpgDSCN6380.jpgDSCN6403.jpgDSCN6411.jpgDSCN6414.jpgDSCN6428.jpgDSCN6444.jpg

... one more common photo of all the nuts:

k-DSCN6488.jpg

... and finally a presentation video as with other nuts, where there are more photos:

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Your work on these things is mind blowing!!!
KUDOS TO YOU ON ANOTHER FINE JOB WELL DONE!!!

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This is one of the most stunning pieces I have ever seen. Great work, Mike, and thank you very much for sharing it with us!!! :Bravo: :Bravo: :Bravo:

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Those vehicles deserve build individual build threads. Reminds me of the "Forbidden Stitch" from China, that women used to do, but if they did too much, they would go blind. Really amazing!! :bowdown:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I showed the video to my mom. She is absolutely amazed at your ideas and skills! She sends you her best regards and asks you to continue creating these little masterpieces. :)