Buck Rogers robot "Twiki" custom design thread

ShadowCory

Thanks everyone. I am going to go ahead and push the body design if anyone wants to start. I just have to find out how to upload pages as I finish them. Is that possible? Or what would be the best course of action on that?

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
If you can make a pdf file you can upload it in the resource section. Find the correct resource page I guess Buck Rogers and hit the add resource buton.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks everyone. I am going to go ahead and push the body design if anyone wants to start. I just have to find out how to upload pages as I finish them. Is that possible? Or what would be the best course of action on that?
Actually, it is best to wait until everything is finished, and put everything in a .rar file, then upload it all.
If you need help with it, please contact me (or one of the other staff) and I (we) can help you with it.

ShadowCory

Cory, I am so glad that you have decided to tackle this one. I have seen your model and was about to ask you if you would do it to surprise RB. But then he was faster. ;) :D

I tried to edit the mesh myself but it was too high poly. In fact, SketchUp froze while loading because of that.

One thing I noticed is that the head shape could benefit from a slight refinement. The angle of the dome is pointier on the original as is the chin. The neck and cheeks are a bit wider, too. There is a structure following the shape of the helmet that runs around the neck from Twiki's "ear" to "ear", too. I have attached some pictures to illustrate. Please dont be offended by this, I just want to give you some tips to improve an already great-looking model and now would be the right time to point those things out before the design process has progressed to much. :)

View attachment 198764View attachment 198765

View attachment 198766

View attachment 198767
RB and I have extensive archives if you need additional material. I'm really looking forward to seeing your progress! :)

ShadowCory

Cory, I am so glad that you have decided to tackle this one. I have seen your model and was about to ask you if you would do it to surprise RB. But then he was faster. ;) :D

I tried to edit the mesh myself but it was too high poly. In fact, SketchUp froze while loading because of that.

One thing I noticed is that the head shape could benefit from a slight refinement. The angle of the dome is pointier on the original as is the chin. The neck and cheeks are a bit wider, too. There is a structure following the shape of the helmet that runs around the neck from Twiki's "ear" to "ear", too. I have attached some pictures to illustrate. Please dont be offended by this, I just want to give you some tips to improve an already great-looking model and now would be the right time to point those things out before the design process has progressed to much. :)

View attachment 198764View attachment 198765

View attachment 198766

View attachment 198767
RB and I have extensive archives if you need additional material. I'm really looking forward to seeing your progress! :)
Does anyone have a more clear image of the lower backside of the helmet part? Like the third image down, only closer?

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You are welcome! I'm trying to take some screenshots from the Bluray (don't expect too much since I have to take them off of my TV screen but maybe they help). :)

Chuffy70

You are welcome! I'm trying to take some screenshots from the Bluray (don't expect too much since I have to take them off of my TV screen but maybe they help). :)
If your Cylon tech is up to it HDMI a Blu-ray drive/player to your computer and screen grab...just a thought...

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Nice, a working computer would be great. Mine died. RIP i3. And hopefully new computer in the weekend.

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Both of mine "work".... My HP all-in-one has a freaky touch screen, and is 8+ years old... My Dell lap top is a slow booter, and is 4 years old...