Blackadder's Imperator Titan Build

Blackadder

Jun 6, 2009
Is That a 200CM Cannon in Your Pocket?

Or are you just glad there is an update?

Anyway before I can go any further with the detail on the center module I need to rough out the cannon mount.

Gt63PLyl.jpg

An old vacuum cleaner extension tube provides the basic barrel and I'll just trim it out with a sleeve to augment the details.

ca4jaQZl.jpg

A couple of more views to round out the post.

jOj7WV2l.jpg

pMahGQJl.jpg

Next step, the minarets.

Last edited:

Blackadder

Jun 6, 2009
It's Beginning To Look a Tad Cluttered:

dHZK7X5l.jpg

I may have to widen the superstructure platform.

xWTf2Fel.jpg

This is not as drastic as it sounds because I've already widened the rear of the platform and extended it further aft.

UOhAlBJl.jpg

An inch wider would probably make all the difference

dHZK7X5l.jpg

The central Tower needs to be further back.

kQx5O4ll.jpg

The two flanking towers which give the structure a portcullis-like appearance hide the Aquila

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Imagine attending a Cathedral that could walk around and demolish sinful cities! :)

Blackadder

Jun 6, 2009
Thanks for the reply.....

These bas reliefs are approximately 2-3 millimeters thick and are a fair representation of the Adeptus Mechanicus Icon.

Gone are the days when I use to spend hours sculpting bas reliefs to decorate my projects.

Witness the effort I put into the pelvic block of my Warlord Titan:

xAcTil.jpg

6ow9pMwl.jpg

I was searching through my archives for ideas on how to decorate the various chambers of this current project.

Believe it or not here's an Easter egg I put on the soles of the Warlord's feet:

More Skull-duggery

The logo that is most detailed............
dJ51h5Dl.jpg

The mirror is less further along:
JGdrw5Wl.jpg

The thickness is at this moment 1,5 MM/0.060 inch Needs to be less:
Va0sU3Al.jpg

Close up reveals some fine cleanup is necessary:
http://i.imgur.com/MB7KmBS.jpg
MB7KmBSl.jpg

I've got to get cracking on this Emperor model

Blackadder

Jun 6, 2009
Just to keep the record straight The above skulls and work were for my Warlord Titan which was completed in 2016. They're not for the current emperor Titan.

I have a question and I need some advice.

I'm resurrecting my old Titan Hunter Thread because I need to learn how to do the Plasma Blaster blue glow on the plasma coils

1PdH0Nel.jpg

I have the much larger Coils on the Emperor Titan's weapon and I want to do a bang up job.

PeQF4BBl.jpg

What colours and What washes do I need to do a real Pro Job?

And yes; as soon as the weather warms up I'll begin painting certain areas of this monster :)

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
If you want it to look like it's glowing, then I suggest a 2 part paintjob, first a coat of the brightest silver you can find, like Molotow Chrome, or Vallejo Liquid Metal silver. Then once your silver base is dry and cured, overcoat with Tamiya Clear Blue, for a blue glow, or any other clear color for other color glows. The Tamiya clear colors allows enough light to pass thru, strike the silver, and be reflected bac, that the object appears to glow.

Reactions: Awry_Chaos

Blackadder

Jun 6, 2009
Thanks for all the replies;

I was in a playful mood yesterday and decided to spend my time making an Adeptus Mechanicus Icon for the front of the Quake Cannon housing.

After a couple of failed attempts I suddenly remembered how I used to produce them, i.e.

Mount the cut out circle and the center skull (Cast from Green Stuff) bas-relief on a sheet of styrene.

Then glue on the cogs with the appropriate sized strips of styrene. using the next size larger strip. In this case I used 0.030 X 0.100 and 0.030 X0.125 Evergreen Strip Styrene.

I then added the skull metal prosthetic to the right side of the skull and finished off with 0.025 rod for the cables and 0.100 rod for the eyepiece.

i5jk442l.jpg

OMEhwdXl.jpg

This is the smallest Icon I've made so far.

I hope when it's painted it doesn't look as crappy as it does right now.

Blackadder

Jun 6, 2009

Blackadder

Jun 6, 2009

A Change of Pace:

It's time to readdress the Raison d'etre of this project. The second main weapon arm will be a Gatling style multiple barrel weapon.

1Ykg86al.jpg

I'll have to redesign the gun mounts on both the arm weapons as they hang too low and may interfere with the hips

3tDuxzHl.jpg

It's going to be a bit refreshing to design something other than the castle superstructure for a change. I actually spent some time these past few days painting a Baneblade variant tank Plasma cannon....

Heresy!

Awry_Chaos

OKB-4155
Dec 22, 2020
Spokane, WA

A Change of Pace:

It's time to readdress the Raison d'etre of this project. The second main weapon arm will be a Gatling style multiple barrel weapon.

1Ykg86al.jpg

I'll have to redesign the gun mounts on both the arm weapons as they hang too low and may interfere with the hips

3tDuxzHl.jpg

It's going to be a bit refreshing to design something other than the castle superstructure for a change. I actually spent some time these past few days painting a Baneblade variant tank Plasma cannon....

Heresy!
Most impressive!

Blackadder

Jun 6, 2009
Vejut 688647 11092363 null said:
Sorry to hear you need to redesign, but that gatling is definitely looking good...

Not a problem Vejut. Making it look right in my minds eye is what make this project interesting. If everything went together perfectly what a bore that would be.

My third try at this Quake Cannon seems to have hit the mark....

DdaahdRl.jpg

The muzzle brake adds a nice touch (If that is what I think it is. Those holes must be for something besides esthetics.

UMLnlTdl.jpg

Any ideas what they could be? Ordnance is not my specialty.

Blackadder

Jun 6, 2009
I'll probably paint it red and gold which is a departure from my usual scheme of graphite over flat Black. In a way I am glad FW went with the Alpha Pattern Mode.

r3zutq8.jpg
jlKKwDk.jpg

It gives me leave to consider this Titan to be a Lucius Pattern Emperor. I can decorate it in a similar vein as my Warlord

zRkQzS3.jpg

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
WOW, that will look cool! BTW, it's great to see that your construction is so well supported. You have spent quite a bit amount of time on the build and everything is holding its shape quite nicely. I don't see any sagging or weakening. Great job! :)