Battlestar Saturn (based on Gearz Battlestar Galactica)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yes, uniqueness is a blessing!

I think there was an episode of Buck Rogers that dealt with the insanity of living in a society of clones.
I remember the episode with Ardala creating duplicates of Buck, so-called Zygots. However, there was an episode of Star Trek TNG that dealt with it. The deterioration of the genetic pool of the population required the necessity to switch back to "regular reproduction" involving multiple partners at the same time... How bizarre!!! :biggrin: :wink: :drinksmile:

Awry_Chaos

OKB-4155
I remember the episode with Ardala creating duplicates of Buck, so-called Zygots. However, there was an episode of Star Trek TNG that dealt with it. The deterioration of the genetic pool of the population required the necessity to switch back to "regular reproduction" involving multiple partners at the same time... How bizarre!!! :biggrin: :wink: :drinksmile:
I think Buck should have taken Ardala's offer up and married her. Once he did that, he could have ousted her and ruled the Empire with Wilma at his side.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That would have been sooo wro---- erh,well, thinking about it, Wilma would have inherited Ardala's wardrobe then, n'est ce pas? Intriguing..! :wink: :wink: :wink:

Awry_Chaos

OKB-4155
That would have been sooo wro---- erh,well, thinking about it, Wilma would have inherited Ardala's wardrobe then, n'est ce pas? Intriguing..! :wink: :wink: :wink:
Yes, Ardala, was a really sexy and beautiful woman! Either way, Wilma would have still ben beautiful, uniform or not.

I, unlike Buck, would have fallen for Ardala's mechanations. But I, unlike Buck, would have been swiftly and summarily executed within a matter of hours!

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
I laughed every time that scene played... People today think Marvels Deadpool is original for breaking the fourth wall, and they did it way back when with this scene.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
INDEED! The German dubbed version featured a unique version of the opening credits. The ARD (first German television) bought several episodes from different seasons and gave them a uniformed look by editing together snippets from the season 1, 2 and 3 openings. Someone at the network must have been a big BSG fan because that new title sequence featured the Cylon by default, so we were happy to see the Centurion every week! When I watched the first episode and saw Dirk and the Cylon I was an instant fan - only because of that scene in the opening!

This is the German version:

Unfortunately the ARD showed only a couple of episodes. The vast majority of them were later broadcast by RTL, one of the very first private channels in Germany. They changed the title sequence again and used bits and pieces from season 5 (for whatever reason). Years later they revised the episodes and gave them their original US title sequence back, so that after 20 years we finally got to see how the A-Team looked from the beginning. :)

Damn, this thread is derailing real fast! @Rhaven Blaack , I think you should continue the build asap!!! :D:D:D

Awry_Chaos

OKB-4155
INDEED! The German dubbed version featured a unique version of the opening credits. The ARD (first German television) bought several episodes from different seasons and gave them a uniformed look by editing together snippets from the season 1, 2 and 3 openings. Someone at the network must have been a big BSG fan because that new title sequence featured the Cylon by default, so we were happy to see the Centurion every week! When I watched the first episode and saw Dirk and the Cylon I was an instant fan - only because of that scene in the opening!

This is the German version:

Unfortunately the ARD showed only a couple of episodes. The vast majority of them were later broadcast by RTL, one of the very first private channels in Germany. They changed the title sequence again and used bits and pieces from season 5 (for whatever reason). Years later they revised the episodes and gave them their original US title sequence back, so that after 20 years we finally got to see how the A-Team looked from the beginning. :)

Damn, this thread is derailing real fast! @Rhaven Blaack , I think you should continue the build asap!!! :D:D:D
Now I want to watch the A-Team in German! Someday I might have to learn German -- I heard there's a lot of similarities between it and English. Well, same language family.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
So the Cylons made me learn English, they now want you to learn German - I see a pattern here..! :D ;)

BTW, and this is NO JOKE: The French dubbed version featured an exclusive A-Team song:

:sticktongue:

Awry_Chaos

OKB-4155
That's a funny version! Kind of reminds me of a song you'd play for the Three Musketeers!

I have the feeling German will be easy to learn after I've learned Russian. I told @Rhaven Blaack that he should have you teach him! We both could be your students!