ACTRR my be dismantled and re-constructed

fifer

Here is the Period Miniatures shed in place as well as some completed ballasting around the engine house and turntable and the instalation of the oil depot from the old layout(with some modifications).

DSCN0032.jpg

DSCN0034.jpg

DSCN0035.jpg

Thanks , Mike

fifer

Here are the pictures of the finished baseball field. Now I just need to fill in around it and have yet to decide with what.The main street will be at the front edge of the field.

DSCN0084.jpg

DSCN0085.jpg

DSCN0086.jpg

DSCN0088.jpg

Mike

fifer

Today , on the Albuquerque Carnuel and Tijeras , I added nearly all of the details to the ball field , park , highway , bowling alley , taco stand , and Schmelle meat packing.

Here are some finished shots.

DSCN0460.jpg

DSCN0461.jpg

DSCN0457.jpg

Mike

Trainiac77

Great work once again! Excellent details! The flat background blends in so well behind the ball field, the 3d effect really pops out. In the second picture there seems to be a turnout by the orange truck in the center of the picture. Is that the track that the trains can reverse direction on? I'm trying to incorporate one on my layout but really don't have the room. I might have to redo one of my yards.

fifer

Great work once again! Excellent details! The flat background blends in so well behind the ball field, the 3d effect really pops out. In the second picture there seems to be a turnout by the orange truck in the center of the picture. Is that the track that the trains can reverse direction on? I'm trying to incorporate one on my layout but really don't have the room. I might have to redo one of my yards.

Thanks, yes that switch is for the reversing section. It is a relatively short one but works for most of my trains.
Mike

fifer

So far this weekend I got the southwest corner done on the work bench and placed on the layout . I need to blend it in and also got the preliminary road in place in front of it.

DSCN0496.jpg

DSCN0497.jpg

Mike

Trainiac77

Looks great so far! Really like the trailer park. Every layout needs a trailer park near the tracks! Are the bowling ally and taco joint store bought or did you kitbash them? Either way they look great!

fifer

Looks great so far! Really like the trailer park. Every layout needs a trailer park near the tracks! Are the bowling ally and taco joint store bought or did you kitbash them? Either way they look great!

The bowling alley was hand made by a woman that used to sell on Ebay and the Taco Stand is by Randy Brown Models (formally Arrowhead Models).
Thanks , Mike

fifer

Mike,

That is 'Looking Great", you always do a good job and are an inspiration to all of us.

Thanks Boiler , I was pretty happy with it. You know it is much easier when you have the structures already built from another layout.
Thanks , Mike

Boilerman

I agree,

FYI, I finally got some time off from work to work on my layout again after getting it out of storage in Wisconsin, hualed it to the house in Nebraska and am now in the process of making it fit the house.

fifer

I agree,

FYI, I finally got some time off from work to work on my layout again after getting it out of storage in Wisconsin, hualed it to the house in Nebraska and am now in the process of making it fit the house.

Very Cool , When you start posting it can you shoot me a link?
Thanks , Mike

Trainiac77

Mike, Sorry to report that I have had to dismantle my layout...The house we are renting is getting work done in the basement and my layout was in the way so I'll be packing the rest of it tonight and tomorrow. Oh well! I guess I should wait until we settle in our own place again before I start building. I do enjoy planning and research though. Now that I have all the Kato N Unitrack and trains it just gives me more to look forward too.

fifer

Mike, Sorry to report that I have had to dismantle my layout...The house we are renting is getting work done in the basement and my layout was in the way so I'll be packing the rest of it tonight and tomorrow. Oh well! I guess I should wait until we settle in our own place again before I start building. I do enjoy planning and research though. Now that I have all the Kato N Unitrack and trains it just gives me more to look forward too.

I hope you can get your own place , that would be awsome for you!

Mike