1/12 Apollo Command Module

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
You've got some design work in front of you. :)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
You are welcome! I'm glad to contribute something to this magnificent build. :)

Damn, that looks GOOOOOOOD!!!!! thumbsup

Reactions: zathros

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Wow!! You make NASA proud!! You have really improved an already great model. Excellent craftsmanship. Revelle-Fan knows his stuff!! :)

P.S. I always tell people they use far to thick wire gauge for LED's, you are showing and using proper wire gauge. It makes for a clean model and allows a real wiring harness to be made, and is easier to work with. Kudos! :)

Reactions: micahrogers

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
(with the voice of a mad scientist who has just put together a creature made of spare parts: )

IT'S LIT UP!!!

:Drinks::Drinks::Drinks:

Absolutely fantastic!

Kolokolnikov

Jan 17, 2021
Almaty, Kazakhstan
I decided not to paint them, but to print them in the same color as Ken suggested. At first glance, the parts are not very difficult to assemble, they consist of only 5 parts. They are assembled very quickly without lighting. But! I had to tinker with the lighting, as they shone wherever possible! Just painting them black from the inside did not give a good result, as they glowed at the seams. I had to glue in additional partitions and paint them black, while I also had to cut out a part of the lower part to check before gluing the LEDs if there were any luminous slots left somewhere.

1616788079063.jpg1616788079053.jpg1616788079039.jpg

What the hell, it took me 4 hours to assemble these 2 small parts...
:headbange::headbange:

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
I decided not to paint them, but to print them in the same color as Ken suggested. At first glance, the parts are not very difficult to assemble, they consist of only 5 parts. They are assembled very quickly without lighting. But! I had to tinker with the lighting, as they shone wherever possible! Just painting them black from the inside did not give a good result, as they glowed at the seams. I had to glue in additional partitions and paint them black, while I also had to cut out a part of the lower part to check before gluing the LEDs if there were any luminous slots left somewhere.

View attachment 193206View attachment 193207View attachment 193208

What the hell, it took me 4 hours to assemble these 2 small parts...
:headbange::headbange:

Sometimes it's not the build that is time consuming, it's the modification needed to make it the way you want.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
I'm not in a rush, I'm just surprised that I spent so much time on such simple detailsfor me.
Please do not flog yourself either. Sometimes it is necessary to spend extra time on a component to get it the way that you want it. I have done that many times myself. I have had to go through and completely rebuild a simple components several times, just because it did not turn out exactly the way that I wanted it to. It is the nature of this hobby.
Please remember that you are your own worse critic. We on the other-hand, think that you are doing an AMAZING JOB!
KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!

Kolokolnikov

Jan 17, 2021
Almaty, Kazakhstan
Please do not flog yourself either. Sometimes it is necessary to spend extra time on a component to get it the way that you want it. I have done that many times myself. I have had to go through and completely rebuild a simple components several times, just because it did not turn out exactly the way that I wanted it to. It is the nature of this hobby.
Please remember that you are your own worse critic. We on the other-hand, think that you are doing an AMAZING JOB!
KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!
Don't worry, too much praise isn't good either.

In general, for me, self-criticism is the best way to improve my work. I use this method in my main work as a commercial photographer, trying to analyze and improve my work every time, only I fully understand where I could have made a mistake, and next time I try to avoid it. Also, since I am very lazy, I constantly try to optimize the time spent in order to do a similar job in the same high quality but faster.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Don't worry, too much praise isn't good either.

In general, for me, self-criticism is the best way to improve my work. I use this method in my main work as a commercial photographer, trying to analyze and improve my work every time, only I fully understand where I could have made a mistake, and next time I try to avoid it. Also, since I am very lazy, I constantly try to optimize the time spent in order to do a similar job in the same high quality but faster.
I know the feeling. I do the same thing with my work.