Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
@mijob :

apollo.jpg

When you click on the 3D Model on the bottom there is a download tab. If you click on it several file options are displayed. When you click on one the 3D file is downloaded.

I would give it a try but I have no idea how to open them. In addition, I don't have enough highspeed volume left to DL such a big file.

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Jul 5, 2020
Netherlands
I have downloaded the file and opend it in blender. Only problem is I never worked with Blender.
This is the only picture I could get.

Appolo_08.JPG
I will try it later this evening.

Reactions: Kolokolnikov

Kolokolnikov

Jan 17, 2021
Almaty, Kazakhstan
@mijob :

View attachment 193115

When you click on the 3D Model on the bottom there is a download tab. If you click on it several file options are displayed. When you click on one the 3D file is downloaded.

I would give it a try but I have no idea how to open them. In addition, I don't have enough highspeed volume left to DL such a big file.

I don't think you should download such a huge file. Here is a link to the unpacked archive.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I suggest you use XNViewMP, it is FREE. I've been using it for over 10 years. You press the PRT/SCN button on the picture you want, the open XNView, and import the "Clipboard", and you can crop and do whatever you want with the picture and save it in a variety of formats. This would give you the ability to make parts using Paint, right off of the pictures. This way you can rotate the model to the orthgonic view you wish and take a screen grab. This pic you could scale and use as the part for your capsule. :)

Link= https://www.xnview.com/en/xnviewmp/

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Looking at your conversation, I've concluded you should look at the 3D model tour online, not download it. Online the display has all the tools to the left to manipulate the views. Using those view controls can get you right in front on any panel you wish, then do what I suggested above, using XNViewMP, and crop the images to size, and using "Paint" or some othr photo editor to make the control panels to the scale you wish. You would end up with actual control panel pictures to work with which you could copy, or use as is, and stick the Switches on. I would not download such a file and try and use it, there's no need, when the link I provided sends you to the working 3D online manipulation of the 3D model. This is not what I have read in the preceding discussion. The link I provided is to the online 3D Model manipulation page, unless I've missed something here? :)

Kolokolnikov

Jan 17, 2021
Almaty, Kazakhstan
Looking at your conversation, I've concluded you should look at the 3D model tour online, not download it. Online the display has all the tools to the left to manipulate the views. Using those view controls can get you right in front on any panel you wish, then do what I suggested above, using XNViewMP, and crop the images to size, and using "Paint" or some othr photo editor to make the control panels to the scale you wish. You would end up with actual control panel pictures to work with which you could copy, or use as is, and stick the Switches on. I would not download such a file and try and use it, there's no need, when the link I provided sends you to the working 3D online manipulation of the 3D model. This is not what I have read in the preceding discussion. The link I provided is to the online 3D Model manipulation page, unless I've missed something here? :)

Thanks, I will try both ways. Only I didn't manage to control the camera in the 3D tour, maybe I need to change the browser.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Fantastic. I use Firefox s my Browser. The 3D manipulation has a feature to give you orthogonic view, numbered 1-40, I believe. You really happy to play with the the paning controls to get the hang of it. It took me 10 minutes to finally get it, but I'm not that bright of a bulb. :)

Kolokolnikov

Jan 17, 2021
Almaty, Kazakhstan
Yesterday I started to make lighting, started selecting LEDs, and found a discrepancy in the floodlight fixture. Ken presents them as a simple flat object, but in reality they have a different shape.

Link to document with phots and description.

Real photos
IMG_20210324_130917.jpg

Ken`s version, parts 4p 4n 4o*

IMG_20210324_130851.jpg

Also in this document I found more interior lighting. But I have not yet found what they look like and where they are located exactly.

IMG_20210324_131953.jpg