Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Commercial & Civilian Vehicles' started by Wendigo, Feb 16, 2009.
Using cardboard, again, just for safety:
Darn, I did it again!:curse:
I-19 does not match the gluing pointswall1
Now I'm at the second sheet of the engine - busy, busy, busy!
So, after 2 weeks (half building, half being lazy :cry::mrgreen I've almost (minus one part) finished the engine.
Upon assembling there were some misfits due to the thickness of the paper, misfits that I tried to mask with some watercolors. Viraj, what type of paper did you used for your bikes?
By the way, I saw that the Yamaha Austria Team won the Le Mans race and the bike they used looked like the R1,... maybe it was R2D2?!sign1
Hmpf, another mistake of mine: I cut the black tabs on parts J35/J42:cry::curse:, tabs that were used to orient the pipes.Gotta wait until the final assembly to glue them.wall1
Below the radiator is a part that belongs to the engine. I've decided to glue that later when I will complete the frame.
Exhaust Pipes and Footrests
Here's a pic of the parts composing the exhaust part; later I'll take a picture of it partially assembled.
Now, for the footrests
P.S. I found this
. Under Construction Photographs you can see the build - he did a far better job than mine
You are too kind (blush). I have been following your build with interest, though I haven't interfered (until now), and it seems to be going extremely well. You forget that in my notes I get to choose the photographs which show the best bits and ignore the failures!
Looking forward to seeing more,
Hey Wendigo..sorry I didn't see the question before...I actually built this model twice and am currently working on one as well..(what can I say, the R1 is one of my all time favorite bikes) the first two models I did were on regular priter paper (80gsm I believe) and it shows now. Not very stable. The one I'm building now is 160gsm I think. A friend printed them out for me so I don't know the exact thickness.And Alan..OH MY GOD!!! that is on half size ya??? I don't know what to say :O
I didn't thought it would take so many days to build it. And what disappointment it turned out in the end.
As you can see I didn't use the original tabs, only some on the interior.
The pictures speak for themselves. For the rear wheel I'll use the tabs...
Don't let yourself down there Wendigo! The wheels are the trickiest! Especially the front wheel! But this one doesn't seem to have a problem at all! Pretty neat from where I can see
OK, on with the rear wheel and this time with some tabs.
I'd say that tabs make the assembling of the wheel easier (in case there are no inside formers):
Back to the unfinished frame, here's what I did to get it straighter:
...and the result:
Not what I'd expected but will have to take it so.
Engine and radiator
... and rear arm
Exhaust pipes, gas tank and the turning fork
whaaa very nice one! i work on the TMAX and he look agly comper to your model hahaha
Well, I think this model turned bad so yours must be lot worse :laugh:
OK, last pictures
I expected that this model to be easy to build but I was wrong. Now I think that a 120gsm paper would be a more suited medium. Also, some tabs are important if you want the parts to look better (see my example with the wheels). There are some mistakes that were pointed out but I consider that it is a good model and the outcome of the build depends on the skill of the builder.