Wireless Video Camera

hooknlad

Mar 28, 2005
Woodbridge, NJ USA
Sorry CB, i tried with my friends at x10.com, best they can do is $80.. if you buy in bulk however.... lol They have a ton of wireless cams with pan, zoom and tilt as well.

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
nolatron said:
You can find tons of video only mini cams on ebay for under $30. Audio ones run around $70. Just check the feedback for the seller as usual to make sure it's a reputable seller. I picked one up a few years ago to do onboard R/C videos with. Worked great, only video. ... until I broke it on the r/c car. :)

A lot of "train cams" I see online are generally the same as these (exception are those built into cars already, ready to install such as Tony's, and those that can run off track power (also tony's), just marked up and marketed as a "Train cam". So save some $$ and use ebay for these types. They even look the same.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?satitle=wireless+cam
I don't need sound.
And these look like they would work for what I want.
Might take a stab at them.

I can upgrade to a better one down the line.

nolatron

Nov 17, 2004
Katy, TX
railroad.sodh.net
Yeah, for $30 it a good little "entry level" system with getting into onboard wireless.

Here's a video I took using my wireless mini cam from Ebay.

Now, this is the mini camera strapped to an R/C chopper so the video breaks up more often than it does when not getting flung around. The videos from my F1 R/C car were great, except I can' find them :( All my bouncing around on the floor and walls and the chopper radio probably wasn't all that gently with the wireless single from the camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWTUO04xR84

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Apr 23, 2001
The middle of nowhere Oregon
Visit site
Cannonball said:
I want a small camera that will feed the broadcast to a receiver that I can plug into the computer so I can do video captures. (I suppose I could hook it to a VCR or camcorder as well but it puts an extra step in the editing process) Since it's wireless, I suppose it would have to be battery powered. (At least the camera part, the reciever could be plugged in to a wall socket) I would prefer color but I wouldn't object to B/W if the price was right. Running O scale.
If your computer has a composite input then you can input video directly into your computer. No need to go through a VCR first.

Cannonball said:
Well, those cover the camera but what about the receiver?
I don't see those listed with the cameras, so I'm assuming they come seperate?
They come as a set, TX, RX and power supply. (9v battery is extra :D )

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
Pitchwife said:
If your computer has a composite input then you can input video directly into your computer. No need to go through a VCR first.
Actually, I run most of my stuff through a Dazzle Box that converts from A/V input to whatever digital info goes into a USB2 port. Vid capture from there and done.

Pitchwife said:
They come as a set, TX, RX and power supply. (9v battery is extra :D )
I wondered if they did or not but most of the ones I've seen as a set actually tell you they come as a set.

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
nolatron said:
Yeah, for $30 it a good little "entry level" system with getting into onboard wireless.

Here's a video I took using my wireless mini cam from Ebay.

Now, this is the mini camera strapped to an R/C chopper so the video breaks up more often than it does when not getting flung around. The videos from my F1 R/C car were great, except I can' find them :( All my bouncing around on the floor and walls and the chopper radio probably wasn't all that gently with the wireless single from the camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWTUO04xR84

That video made me dizzy. :D