Think Jays Galactica is lonely, need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Got the hull done for the Defender. :) I'm lovin' this ship now, I wasn't too keen before. Though it is closer to the original series ships than anything else. As well as the Astral Queen that is.

I have just 2 engines and three cannons to go now.

I'm thinking of designing a series of display stands for these ships. Something that you can display the ship on where the ships attach to the stand with a magnet. That way the ships can be detatched for when you have a big kid moment and want to fly the ships around when no-one's watching. LOL!!

Attachments

• Image3.jpg
    Image3.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 21

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Furuta stands?? From the Star Trek mini ships?? Looks good. Puts those models into scale if they are.

How are you finding the Defender??

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Your build of it that is not mine. LOL. Not fishing for compliments or anything. Just thought you'd have started a build of it. You seemed keen on that one.

Nothing

Longtime Member
Sep 13, 2006
yankee44.webs.com
actually they are die cast stands for 1/72 scale planes.no the models are not to scale.colonial 1 would be too small to build to scale. im getting ready to start defender.itll be a slow start with going back and forth to hospital.

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
No I knew they weren't built to scale. A Raptor aint that big! LOL. Nice stands though.

I know what those trips are like! I have three!!

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
I noticed my Heavy Raider wasn't up there. Hey Nothing?? Any chance you can send that to Chris here for hosting in the Downloads section?? It should be cool now there's a way around the 2Mb problem, shouldn't it?

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Done! Thanks buddy. :)

I'm just finishing attaching the final Engine block and the main ship will be done. Viper flight pod after that. :)

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Got the engine blocks on. They go on well, if you take your time. One tab at a time. :( Looks Ok though.
Image4.jpg

I started one of the smaller turrets/canons that sit at the front of the head, under it that is. These are the hardest parts to build purely because of their size. Glad I didn't go the whole hog and include the smaller turrets. Phew!

Looking forward to getting another mesh to work on. :) :)

BTW, This model is around 18" when fully built. This is the standard version I released with no rescaling.

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Mining Ship en route!

All the unfolding is now done. Just applying part numbers and editing some images to act as instructions. :)
Image1.jpg

Should be with you all tonight.

Nexus9

Jun 24, 2007
Hi all. There's some great work being done here. The Defender is looking really nice. And the shuttle is good too. Nothing's Heavy Raider is fantastic.

Nothing

Longtime Member
Sep 13, 2006
yankee44.webs.com
defender part 5b the easy way

i found that the double fold over itself part to be more complicated than needed. first take prt 5d-c and cut the double fold peice off.
eng 001.jpg
eng 002.jpg
then cut this peice on the fold line and discard the smaller peice.once 5b is attached just glue the triangle piece on as a seperate peice.
Image6 copy.jpg

Hot4Darmat

Apr 15, 2007
Kingston, Ontario
OMG these ships look fantastic. That heavy raider blew my mind...nice build, nothing! I can't wait to make these. Can't wait for the Mining ship. Who's taking on the Gemini transport? I've really like that design for some time. When and where can we get these?

Status
Not open for further replies.