Think Jays Galactica is lonely, need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master-Bruce

Thanks buddy. The clean up here was real straight forward according to SJ. Unfolding was the same. The model was actually finished lastnight at around 3am. I forgot to upload it as I was working on the shuttle.

Glad you like, hope it builds as good as I think it will.

Here's the Blackbird I'm working on. This is an hour or so into it, just getting the basics in place. I'll add a little more detail to this such as recesses where needed to give this a bit of depth. Creating the textures will be the challenge more than the modelling. Fortunately it all black pretty much. I'd like to try and get screen grabs of the crew signatures to place over the nose. Just a thought anyway.
Blackbird.jpg

Master-Bruce

I got them from a fan mesh. A damn good one though, considering the lack of reference out there. I can't say much more than that I'm afraid. Conditions of getting the image.

This won't be screen accurate at all probably but I think closer to it than the mesh pictured in SJ's model sheets.

Elliott

Defender posted in Downloads in 2 files. Available now. Also announced in Gallery and New Downloads. Great job!

Elliott

sjsquirrel

Oops!

Looks good buddy. Though the Heavy is done and out there. I'm happy to do the Mining ship, it's another fav of mine. I don't mind taking both the Tube ship and the Mining ship.

I did mark the heavy as done. You may need to do a refresh on that image. Mine and Tube sounds good. I've already started worked on the Mine ship.

I'd like to model a new Blackbird if it's Ok? I just keep thinking the one in the pics looks out of proprotion or something. Would that be cool?? I'm sure I have good plans of it here somewhere.

You mean in the reference pics I did? How's the mesh look? If you want to do your own it's cool with me. The purist in me wants to do the entire ship pack, just because ya know.

Now for the Oops!

I was taking reference shots of the Queen prior to sending it to nothing and discovered I'd made a major gaff that led me to think I had to modify a part that didn't need modifying, then A led to B led to C...wall1 To make a long story short, the Queen isn't ready. I had to restore some parts and start over with them, but the good news is that it will be easier and better when done. Oh well, it's the price I pay for being... what was it I was being :confused:

SJ

Master-Bruce

SJ, yeah in the model sheet, the Blackbird looks very chunky. It may just be the perspective though. I understand you wanting to do that one anyway. I was the same when I started a project 2 years ago. I started unfolding meshes from the Star Trek game -Birth of the Federation. I wanted to do them all even though I knew some of them wouldn't make great papermodels. Just because they were from the game. I scrapped it in the end though as the meshes were that poor.

Well, I've started mine, something to do on the quiet until I get another mesh from you. Maybe I'll plan my Blackbird for a larger more detailed model?

At least you caught it now(Astral Queen problem), especially if now it'll be a better model as a result.

I didn't get to do any work on the shuttle yesterday. I'll get to it later this afternoon.

Stev0

OI! I looked at the first image of the Heavy Raider and actually thought..

"Hmmm where the hell did he get pictures of the production model?"
"Wait there is not production model it's a CG production!"
"Wait this is the paper model"

*craps self*

sjsquirrel

What the?

im ready for another sjsquirrel,....not rushing you just letting you know im ready.

Didn't I just send that to you last night :eek:
Bunch of slave drivers you are sign1.

Just getting the Mining ship ready for Skupilkinson, then I'll get you one as time permits.

SJ

Master-Bruce

Hey Nothing, you're a freak!! LOL

God, and I thought I was fast! I'll grab it now! I've just printed the Defender for a build up.

Master-Bruce

Really? Where too? I've started the front end and that went together really well. It's a fairly simple model really. I started with the bottom part of the head and worked my way up the sides and then the top part.

Image1.jpg
Image2.jpg

Here's a pic of the Shuttle as it stands now. Just two more engines to go.

Image3.jpg
Image4.jpg

Hey, Nothing. Any chance you could send me the high res Astral Queen?This is great, we're finally starting to get a real fleet together. :)

Master-Bruce

I've taken some pic and put them into a compressed file for anyone building the Colonial Defender.

The idea is to help illustrate the way some of the parts are assembled. There's a tricky area at the back of the head where a parts folds back on itself. The part number escapes me at this time.

Here's the help file:
View attachment Tricky Spot.zip

Also, I think the Defender's a great model. I'd say suitable for intermediate builders, though beginners could have a go if they take their time. The one thing it lacks though is 3D details. The textures are great, but if I build this puppy again I'd print 2 copies. One for the model, the second to use to add greebles to it. You know, cut a panel here, add a recess there. Speaking of recesses, I'd have to add them to the two large engines for sure. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.