There are only 12 like her in the fleet

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Rhaven, you know I'm going to need a Hatchet Fighter model to do those pictures justice. Any ideas? angel

Unfortunately, a paper model has not been designed YET!
I know that there are a couple of designers that are "THINKING" about designing it, but (at the moment) they have WAY TOO MUCH on their plates that needs to be finished first (before they can even think about designing it now).
If you are good at designing, and wanted to tackle it, I would be more then willing to beta test build it for you.

Otherwise, I would suggest using some picture magic and having a picture of one (or two) in the background.

Either way, I am looking forward to seeing your build of the Thunder Fighter.

If you would like, you can use any of my build threads for reference for your build.

Good luck with it.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
I too would love to see a Hatchet Fighter in scale with the Thunderfighter. RB's post included me, too (unfortunately). I've spent hours and hours analysing the filming miniature and gathering references (I have MANY files, including some nice straight on views of the single parts of the Marauder model by Monogram). So if anyone is about to design it and needs those pics, feel free to PM me.

bgt01

Exemplary Confidant
Jan 26, 2012
Ohio
Understood Dr. Huer...I mean Rhaven.:mrgreen: Unfortunatly, I have no paper model design skills. I work in printing so I know Photoshop and Illustrator and typography well enough to repaint files. I've done a bunch of repaints of TMP ship models to get the correct hull marking and some nicer details, but I don't have the time to learn any of the design programs from the ground up. Maybe someday...I sure would like to have a model of the Hatchet Fighter...and the Searcher :rolleyes:...on the shelf. Until then I humbly accept what you paper gurus can provide. Thanks fellas.

To show my appreciation, here's today's picture. I really wish we'd seen her on film.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bgt01/10729538304/

Octoman

Nov 15, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
Great idea

Hey,

Love your work and this is a great way to model the whole fleet!

When I was a kid, AMT came out with a "3 piece space ship set" in a much smaller scale, remember? Enterprise, Klingon D7 and Romulan BOP. The decal sheet for the Enterprise was just a smaller version of the bigger kit which means it had markings for all 12 vessels. I always had it in mind to buy 12 of those kits so I could display the whole fleet! I think I managed to get three or four before the stopped making them. It's really great to be reminded of that. Great thread!

Best,

Ian :thumb:

bgt01

Exemplary Confidant
Jan 26, 2012
Ohio
I had that same kit Octoman. Actually, I had two. On the first one I tried to paint the Enterprise white with my mom's acrylic craft paint. When that turned out extremly poor I tried to remove the paint the way my dad did, but soaking it in gasoline. That promptly softened the plastic and left me with a mushy Enterprise! I finally got a whole kit built had had many great battles.:mrgreen:

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
minutes before---enterprise beaming the jet pilot back into his jet---before the time warp carried them ahead? or the ship struggling in the atmosphere before

'it's gone!'' I think it was an f-4 phantom, anyone know?

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Jan. 20th guys, that is the Target date for the New Zealot! :)

bgt01

Exemplary Confidant
Jan 26, 2012
Ohio
For anyone who is still interested, I have started a new thread in the "Gallery and Designs" part of the forum to show off my photoshop pics since the build part of this thread is done.