The Behemoth

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Howdee friends and fans,

@shadree 's call to join a new Armour Up! Paperjam triggered something in me. Unfortunately I mistook the premise and thought armured vehicles would meet the requirements, however, since I would never have come up with the idea without the jam announcement I consider this a happy accident. :)

Now then. Basic modeling is complete, all main parts have been unfolded and flaps are being added. An internal skeleton must be made. I'm now in the process of texturing the parts to see if my plan works. I won't tell you what it is now but IF it works you will definitely like it. ;)

Here are some previews of the unfolded parts.

02.jpg03.jpg04.jpg

Stay tuned for updates! :)

Last edited:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Thank you! :)
The texture looks FANTASTIC!
It looks like one of the trenches for a Cylon Basestar!
Yes, I used the classic Cylon Basestar model as a base for the texture. It seemed to be the most logical choice.

I copied the texture of one trench, cut it in the middle and mirrored both halves. That gave me the textures for the upper and lower launch trenches. The red lines were inspired from the lights of the gate of the Cylon asteroid base from "Lost Planet of the Gods". In the PDF you can even see the tiny lights. I'm curious to see what happens when the parts are printed. Will they still be visible? Well, we'll find out. ;)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
UGH! I put the texture onto the SketchUp model and it does not look as intended, especially at this scale. So I'm forced to deal with something I wanted to avoid:

08.jpg

RECESSING AND LAMINATING EVERYTHING!!! :bulgeeye:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
12.jpg

Texturing of the next level is complete. This was a bit tricky because I was completely on my own and have developed two other versions which somehow did not look "right":

13.jpg

v1 was v2 with some darker shades.

Since I have full creative license with this one I don't put too much emphasis on "right" or "wrong" though, however, everything must stay within the same design language. The grills are essential parts of that, so they must go somewhere. And here they are. ;)