Tachicoma Build

Gefahren

Apr 2, 2005
Brandon, Mississippi, USA
I downloaded this model some time ago from www.5d.biglobe.ne.jp/~compact/ but when I last looked at the site I don't think this model was available any more.

This is really a test build so I can figure out how everything goes together, since the instructions are kind of sparse and written in Japanese too. I plan to build another one with a gloss finish and also eliminate all the tabs and replace them with joining strips for a smoother surface.

In case anyone doesn't know, this a Tachicoma tank from the "Ghost in the Shell: Stand alone complex" anime series. These little tanks are AI driven with a naive little girls personality(makes sense, doesn't it??) but can hold a single operator in the rear abdomen when necessary. In the series they have small wheels on the ends of there feet for rapid movement on roads and such, but this version has three toed feet instead.

Anyways, here is the progress so far although I'll be taking a slight break from it to test build Getter1's Cyclone model. But should have some more progress on this by the end of the week. O, and I apologize for the picture quality/size, I'm using my cell phone to take the pictures since I don't have a camera anymore.:roll:

This first one is just an overview of what I have so far.

Here is a detail of the "cup sockets" that the legs have, They are a pain to make so far, but maybe I'll get better at the next two.

A reference pic from the "Be Human" CD that came with one of my DVD's

Getter1

Jun 28, 2005
Spokane, WA
How similar does that come out to the Fuchikoma (or is it the same thing with a diffrent spelling)??? This is a scan from my Playstation 1 game featuring the Fuchikoma.

Attachments

• lastscan.jpg
    lastscan.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 1,573

Gefahren

Apr 2, 2005
There are alot of differences in the look of the two. Although they are in the same line of thinking. By looking at the back end of that Fuchikoma I'd say it's quite abit larger than a Tachikoma because a pilot in a Tachi is folded up like they are on a motorcycle to fit inside, and the Fuchikoma's rear is considerably more cramped if they are the same size. In the series so far they have encountered a much larger think-tank (think main battle tank variety) and I have a playstation game that has some variations on them, but not that one.

Heh, the language filter won't let me use the short version of Fuchikoma like I use Tachi for Tachikoma.:roll:

Getter1

Jun 28, 2005
Spokane, WA
In the game cinimas the Fuchikoma's cockpit is very cramped. If you haven't played this game I think it's worth hunting down. It is the 1st Ghost in the Shell game produced in 1997. I wonder if there's a model of the Fuchikoma. In the mean time I'll be looking for the one you have.

Sparda

Dec 3, 2005
I'ts a paper model, I just finished to glue but need a lot of paint that I'll do it later, this model was a gift when you buy the ghost in the shell manga and I've never seen as free in the web.

Getter1

Jun 28, 2005
Spokane, WA
Sparda said:
I'ts a paper model, I just finished to glue but need a lot of paint that I'll do it later, this model was a gift when you buy the ghost in the shell manga and I've never seen as free in the web.

Aww man, and there I was getting my hopes up and splat!!!!!

Gefahren

Apr 2, 2005
Your build looks nice, how small is the little one hiding under the big one?

I've been slacking on my card modeling abit, last week and weekend had alot of stuff going on with school and this week I got a 75% pay raise, but now I have to figure out how to get in 75% more work :roll:

I will continue on with this build real soon I promise.

Sparda

Dec 3, 2005
That pic it's from the blog of the guy that make that model, and I take it as reference when I built mine(unfortunately not yet because my printer is death :cry: ) the models that I just have finished are these fuchicomas that already have them some time ago but only black and white so I use acrylic paint to finish them :).

Seeya.

Stev0

Jan 30, 2006
Yeah i'd love to build a bunch of those and have them hanging off bookcases with their weblines.

Rickdom

Feb 12, 2006
Thanks for the links you guys :)
Look forward to seeing you mods Buzuc. Have fun in Korea :)