Stonewallin': Finished at last!

For those who remember a thread I started last winter :)eek: !) about adding a handcarved stone wall to a diorama base, I have finally finished the diorama. It's a combination of Sierra West's "Foss' Landing" kit, some scratchbuilt structures, and details from several different sources. Here are a few photos.

This first photo is of Foss' from "rowboat level."

Attachments

• fosslanding58w.jpg
    fosslanding58w.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 161
And finally, the little green garage...

This diorama is the first of three "scenes" that will wind up on a yet-to-be-built waterfront module. The other two include a town behind Foss' Landing and a transfer dock for the CM&S just to the right of Foss'.

Attachments

• fosslanding55w.jpg
    fosslanding55w.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 144

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Wow Casey, terrific detail. I'd love to see the wide angle shot when you get one.

Man, there are so many good modelers here that I learn more from each time you guys post pictures like this. :)

Thanks,

Don

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
This diorama looks so realistic, that you have to look more than twice to tell that it's a model. :cool:

Casey, I admire your techniques of subtle weathering and creating that sort of 'chaos' around these buildings. Obviously you set very high standards to your modeling - and you really reach them, my friend!

Ron

pomperaugrr

May 21, 2003
Connecticut
Visit site
Casey:

Your attention to detail and ability to create a sense of time and place are incredible! I am always inspired by the level of skill exhibited by you and the members of this board. You have helped me set my goals higher for my own modeling.

Thanks for the inspiration and the motivation!

Eric