Stonewallin': Finished at last!

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Casey Feedwater, Sep 22, 2003.

1. Casey Feedwater

Casey Feedwater Member

Thanks for the compliments, everyone. :)

Ian, I model in HO scale. As for the water....

I used a method for making my water that I first used about 20+ years ago on another riverfront scene. It's not complicated, but it is time consuming because of drying times. In a nutshell, after spraying the base with flat black paint, I stipple acrylic matte medium all across the water area. After that has dried, I brush acrylic gloss medium over all of it. Next, I drybrush and blend Polly Brown Drab, Olive Drab, and U.S. Brown Special. The object here is to create the impression of silt without making the water appear muddy, so I try to keep the colors as translucent as I can. Finally, and it's important to make sure the drybrushed paint has cured, I brush on Future acrylic floor polish to which I have added a couple drops of non-waterproof black ink.

The method is not perfect, but it does a fairly good job of simulating ripples and currents, and it does suggest some depth to the water.
  2. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Casey, thats some real fine modelling my friend, the walling is excellent. Love all the details.

Shamus
    [​IMG]
  3. jimnrose

jimnrose Member

Casey, your workmanship is fantastic. I can understand why you are a busy man. Thanks for sharing. Jim
  4. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Beautiful.....just beautiful! Now if you'll excuse me, I have to look at your photos again!!

You should send those photos to Sierra West if you haven't already.

cheers
    Val
  5. Casey Feedwater

Casey Feedwater Member

Again, thanks, everyone.

Val, Brett has already asked for a full set of photos to post in SW's website "Gallery." I've got to burn them to a CD and then they're on their way.
  6. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Gee, Casey, I just can't think of any appropriate adjectives here...I would say 'fantastic', or 'awesome', but quite honestly, I think they fall a little short!
    So how about I don't say anything, & just sit here & drool?:eek: :eek: :eek:

If & when I ever grow up, I wanna be just like you, Casey!
    :) :cool: :cool: :D
  7. Casey Feedwater

Casey Feedwater Member

Well, if you're not already nuts, you will be if you wind up like me! :eek: :rolleyes: :D :D But thanks for the nice words, Charlie. :)
  8. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

OH MY

How much does ol man Foss charge for row boats, man, a case of Millers Lite and old cane pole and I'd be set for a great adventure there. Super work Casey :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    on a scale of 1 - 5 that gets 5 eeks.
  9. jimmybeersa

jimmybeersa Member

Mike...Now I am Green with envy.....love that Row boat view expession!!!!
  10. Casey Feedwater

Casey Feedwater Member

11. pomperaugrr

pomperaugrr Member

Casey:
    Outstanding work, as usual! We never get tired of seeing great work like this.

Eric