Stonewallin': Finished at last!

Thanks for the compliments, everyone. :)

Originally posted by camelot
Brilliant scene and detail , what method did you use for the water and what scale is this ?

Cheers

Ian:p

Ian, I model in HO scale. As for the water....

I used a method for making my water that I first used about 20+ years ago on another riverfront scene. It's not complicated, but it is time consuming because of drying times. In a nutshell, after spraying the base with flat black paint, I stipple acrylic matte medium all across the water area. After that has dried, I brush acrylic gloss medium over all of it. Next, I drybrush and blend Polly Brown Drab, Olive Drab, and U.S. Brown Special. The object here is to create the impression of silt without making the water appear muddy, so I try to keep the colors as translucent as I can. Finally, and it's important to make sure the drybrushed paint has cured, I brush on Future acrylic floor polish to which I have added a couple drops of non-waterproof black ink.

The method is not perfect, but it does a fairly good job of simulating ripples and currents, and it does suggest some depth to the water.

shamus

Registered Member
Casey, thats some real fine modelling my friend, the walling is excellent. Love all the details.

Shamus

spitfire

Beautiful.....just beautiful! Now if you'll excuse me, I have to look at your photos again!!

You should send those photos to Sierra West if you haven't already.

cheers
Val

Again, thanks, everyone.

Val, Brett has already asked for a full set of photos to post in SW's website "Gallery." I've got to burn them to a CD and then they're on their way.

Drew1125

Gee, Casey, I just can't think of any appropriate adjectives here...I would say 'fantastic', or 'awesome', but quite honestly, I think they fall a little short!
So how about I don't say anything, & just sit here & drool?:eek: :eek: :eek:

If & when I ever grow up, I wanna be just like you, Casey!
:) :cool: :cool: :D

jmarksbery

OH MY

How much does ol man Foss charge for row boats, man, a case of Millers Lite and old cane pole and I'd be set for a great adventure there. Super work Casey :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
on a scale of 1 - 5 that gets 5 eeks.