Star Wars NEW Republic Gunship- Bob's Build

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by F131, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Grunt3333

Grunt3333 New Member

that looks great
  2. F131

F131 Member

By all means!:wave:
    I have such respect for those of you that like/build small scale. These %$#@ rockets are driving me nuts. It took some trial and error, but the diameter is the same as a sucker stick, so re-printing the parts on regular paper made it easy to glue to the stick so all the rocket bodies are the same. It hasn't been the same for the nose cones.wall1

Attached Files:

3. Kjev

Kjev Member

What if you filed down the end of the sucker stick to a point?

And at least you get to eat the suckers!
  4. F131

F131 Member

I tried a kids pencil sparpener and the results were not too impressive.
  5. Haereticus

Haereticus Member

Alternatively you could get a large piece of fairly thin paper (80gsm) and cut it into a shape comprised of a rectangle adjoined to a right-angled triangle along the entirety of one of its long edges, of dimensions to be determined experimentally, and then roll it up very tightly to form a rocket shape.

This build is looking really nice :)
  6. Zathros

Zathros Guest

If you dip the completed noses in crazy glue (the gap filling kind) you could then sand them down and paint them. The other option is sharpening a pencil, covering it with Vaseline, and sticking the sharpened pencil into 2 part epoxy. This will be a mold for making nose pieces. Just make sure you keep the loaded with Vaseline so you can pop them out. You can the cut the ends to the length needed.
  7. F131

F131 Member

Great ideas guys! Thanks for the advice.
  8. F131

F131 Member

Shes all done and thankfully one of my better efforts. Hmmm, what to do next?

Attached Files:

9. Zathros

Zathros Guest

That is one beautiful handsome Happy little boy! He is beaming in that picture. My son is 12 now. He sure looks happy next that smokin' model ! Of course, he steals the whole show! :)
  10. F131

F131 Member

He's my neighbor buddy, and unlike my girls.........ehmmm, he gets the whole sci-fi thing. I would love to give him the model, but he needs to get a little older first.
  11. Zathros

Zathros Guest

He'll be happy no matter what age he is if you end up giving it to him. Who wouldn't be! :)

Just noticed that yard, that looks incredible. I'd hate to have too, and could not maintain a yard like that!:eek:
  12. F131

F131 Member

Thank you. We bought a fix-er-up house on a nice property 5 years ago, and have slowly re-modeled the house and re-did the landscaping. Its like with my paper models, I love creating and working with my hands.
  13. Zathros

Zathros Guest

That is a beautiful piece of property, it looks like you have a stream too. That is awesome! :)
  14. Kjev

Kjev Member

I love that ship! That is one beautiful piece of work! And you managed to make the yard look nice too! With me, it seems to be either one or the other. Nice work on both counts!
  15. F131

F131 Member

Thank you, Sir. This was a fun model to build.
  16. skoda

skoda Genius Designer Master Builder

very nice congratulations
  17. vader111

vader111 New Member

very nice!