Star Wars NEW Republic Gunship- Bob's Build

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by F131, Dec 3, 2011.

1. F131

F131 Member

Attached Files:

2. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Wow, you have a great start. This is the first time I have seen this built. If it's anything like your Rodger Young, it will be awesome! )
  3. F131

F131 Member

Thanks, buddy!

Attached Files:

4. Closet Astronaut

Closet Astronaut Member

WOW very nice, this should be fun to watch, I've got this down loaded and waiting in the archives.
  5. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

This one is waiting for me to find clear styrene balls of the correct diameter for the turrets. I'm excited to see what you come up with and how it turns out. :thumb:
  6. F131

F131 Member

I'm not sure how I am going to do that yet. I do have transparency sheets but I don't want to see glue marks.:confused:
  7. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

You could make a simple vacuforming machine out of pegboard and a vacuum hose adapter. Then you just take a piece of clear styrene, mount it to a wooden frame, then heat it up, jam it over the plug, and turn the machine on. You can get good results without having to spend a lot of money.
  8. zwave343

zwave343 the human lazor

i wanted to build this one, but it is now just another stack of paper on the ever-growing mountain of projects i forgot (and didnt want to do.)
  9. F131

F131 Member

Wow, the Holidays are busy....... I haven't got too much furthur, but I like whats forming.

Attached Files:

10. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I showed my son and his Jaw dropped too. He has the big Lego version and the paper one is far more accurate. Considering the Lego one was well over $100 dollars, Oh well, he still has it and loves it. I get to play with it when he's in school! :)
  11. Kjev

Kjev Member

Would clear ping pong balls work? Or can you raid the Christmas Decoration department of a local store?
  12. clif52

clif52 Banned

I was at Michael's Craft Store this weekend and they have clear plastic Christmas ornament balls in different sizes. I thought about using one to make a Souix Helicopter bubble.

Clif
  13. F131

F131 Member

I never understood why plastic bricks could be so expensive, but the SW toys are cool. :cool:
    Lets see some pictures. Feel free to add them to this thread.
    Hey, thats a great idea. I have plastic transperancy, but I am not looking forward to those gun mounts.....or the canopy. First time for everything.
  14. F131

F131 Member

I will do my typical edge painting when the model is almost half way done. I did use a black water proof marker for the cockpit edeges and it ran when I glued the parts together. Back to the stinky Sharpie.

Attached Files:

15. Kjev

Kjev Member

Wow. It just screams for pilots!
  16. Kjev

Kjev Member

Kill this stupid double post. My mistake.:curse:
  17. F131

F131 Member

I'm really digging this model. In Photoshop, I started joining parts, so if you look at the Starboard side you can see where there cockpit section blends with the Trooper section. The overlap of parts is giving a nice layered effect.

Attached Files:

18. F131

F131 Member

The lower, aft section is a bit of a pain to fold.....but sure fits nice. Beware to anyone building this model, without formers, I squashed the upper aft section when pushing too hard to combine with the lower aft section. The wing assembly should mask most of my opps.:cry:

Attached Files:

19. F131

F131 Member

Ok, the family survived Christmas (and my sanity) so, back to building.

Attached Files:

20. Zathros

Zathros Guest

This is so cool! This is really coming along! I wish I had a little more salt in me to try this out!