STAR TREK DISCOVERY: BOOOOO!!!!!!!

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
Too true, "Orville" just went a little too sideways for me... neither here nor there, I love the ships and effects in "Orville". I missed too much of "The Strain" but my wife loves it...

And we do go Way back... since I first joined here in 2012...:cool:

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I imagine so. The curves are gentle enough that it should be able to be pulled off. It's a fun series, but does have it's serious moments, and they are well placed. I would say that they purposely pay homage to previous shows, the lax attitude is counter the stiff ones, the banter between the Captain and his Ex-wife Number One is hilarious at times. It's just a fun show. That they watch movies on the main screen is hilarious. ;)

Reactions: frontiernx01

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
:robot3: I'm dying to finally see "The Orville", damn! I don't have Pay TV! :robot3:

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
It's on the cheap package here, and since it is on a local channel, anHDTV with a antennae receiver could pick it up over the air in full HD. ;)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Germany's different, I only have Free TV. Ah well, I guess it appears there sooner or later one day. :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I would have gone to just streaming, but I live in a valley, and in the woods. Our internet Service is so slow, I honestly think a Rabbit could deliver the it and quicker than we get it. I'm too embarrassed to say how slow it is. It's about as fast as you can type. Too many trees to get cable. Cable was down 3 or 5 days every couple of weeks because of a limb falling or a car hitting a pole. Satellite, forgitaboudit. I am so far from that income bracket. I have Satellite T.V. and it's pretty reasonable, but Internet Satellite requires you first born sacrificed on the alter of no college funds, or support forever. ;)

Last edited:

scifimodelfan

May 10, 2011
Worcester, MA
I love The Orville, started to watch Discovery and could not get into it. I wont pay to watch the others but have another source to be able to watch the episodes but I just don't like it, to bad. Now The Orville is a light hearted breath of fresh air and so hope it continues to gain popularity as I would hat to see it get cancelled. Not to mention I like the ship....someone needs to do a model of it...LOL

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
To return to my previous post, maybe you cna get STD from Blu Ray? (with apologies to Daisy Ridley) :)

View attachment 160835
It seems she had a bit too much of blue milk!

latest

source: https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.ne...ue_milk.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20050427193301

:D

Or does she indeed belong to the cast of "Avatar 2"? ;)

Reactions: Cybergrinder

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I love The Orville, started to watch Discovery and could not get into it. I wont pay to watch the others but have another source to be able to watch the episodes but I just don't like it, to bad. Now The Orville is a light hearted breath of fresh air and so hope it continues to gain popularity as I would hat to see it get cancelled. Not to mention I like the ship....someone needs to do a model of it...LOL

I feel the same way. Why does Sci-Fi, to some, always have to be so serious, and wouldn't you project movies, on the main viewer, which in this ship is a wrap around windows.. Everyone's doing their job, and as long as they save their own butts, and those of others, they don't "overly care about protocol. I like it, and I can sit down with my wife and watch it, which in itself is amazing, especially the stuff she laughs at, and I know why, but just though "meh". She loves when the Captain and his ex-wire "Number 1" bicker. Who's No. 2 by the way. I like Star Trek, but face it, having a stick shoved that fa up would mean many short term signer uppers. Just enough to get credits for a beaming out of there realm! Star Trek has no currency, but nobody owns any kind of car of motorcycle (no referring to the reboot), you don't even see people with bicycles. They never showed how the rest of the 98% of the population lived, and when they did, it was always an agrarian society. ;)

frontiernx01

Feb 2, 2009
North Carolina
While I'm rambling about other shows, what about the show "Dark Matter?" It's being cancelled, but SyFy put a 3D printable model out there. I can only hope that someone will put a paper model of the ship from the show, the Raza!

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
I LOVE "DARK MATTER"! It is the first SciFi spaceship series that really grabbed my attention since a looong time (in fact, it was the first ship series on the telly after "Stargate: Universe" ended!). The premise is interesting, the characters are awesome and the music grabbed me since the second half of season 1 (so that I can record it ;) ). Season 1 has just aired on German free TV and I hope they show it again before season 2 is shown. The making and feel of the show is so close to "Stargate" that I really think that both universes are one (you can clearly see and feel the same crew behind the scenes; they totally had me when I saw David Hewlett again - YAY! :) ). I hope that the show meets a happy ending and gets picked up again by another network like "Babylon 5". The Raza looks cool, BTW. :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013

I have to agree, seeing the Mocklock guy sitting on the egg to incubate it made me laugh my ass off, yet, that turned into some heavy issues. Ones that are glanced over or made as "personal issues" on so called serious shows. That one episode touched on a bevy of issues, that is not a planet I would even want to visit!

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I LOVE "DARK MATTER"! It is the first SciFi spaceship series that really grabbed my attention since a looong time (in fact, it was the first ship series on the telly after "Stargate: Universe" ended!). The premise is interesting, the characters are awesome and the music grabbed me since the second half of season 1 (so that I can record it ;) ). Season 1 has just aired on German free TV and I hope they show it again before season 2 is shown. The making and feel of the show is so close to "Stargate" that I really think that both universes are one (you can clearly see and feel the same crew behind the scenes; they totally had me when I saw David Hewlett again - YAY! :) ). I hope that the show meets a happy ending and gets picked up again by another network like "Babylon 5". The Raza looks cool, BTW. :)

I never watched "Dark Matter". Maybe it was the way it was presented, it had the feel of people way to young to be going through what they are going through, training wise. I'll have to wait till they do a binge day on it. I thought it was cancelled though? Not sure.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
It was cancelled after season 3 but there is a campaign going on to have the planned final season 4 made. I really hope it is successful. Anyway, last week it was announced that we'll get to see "The Orville" on free TV in Germany next year! YAY! :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I believethat any show that is canceled should do the public right, and wrap it up, instead of leaving people just hanging there. It has set such a bad precedent.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
That happens way too often. Prominent examples are "Earth: Final Conflict", "Stargate Atlantis", "Stargate Universe" & "Dark Matter". "Firefly" and "Farscape" were very lucky to get a proper closure. I loved "Angel" with David Boreanaz. The show ended with a mean cliffhanger that has never been resolved on TV. At least they got more episodes in comic form. :)