STAR TREK DISCOVERY: BOOOOO!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Lounge' started by zathros, Oct 2, 2017.

1. zathros

zathros -----SENIOR---- Administrator Moderator

I watch "The Orville" because it is "Tongue in Cheek", and my wife actually sits through it. Personally, "The Strain", is so much more intense than any of these shows, but I digress. I would encourage you to give "Discovery" a chance, why not, you already have the service! I really liked the 1st episode, I think that's why I am so perturbed. I think eventually they will have to air the episodes though, as their financial model does not hold well, they don't have enough shows to grab a wider audience, and for that price, the DVD/Blue Ray sets will come out, and then they will be all over the place. There isn't a DVD or Blue Ray protection that cannot easily be bypassed to make your own editable back up copy. I do this so when I take my motor home out, I don't have to bring the original, and possibly lose it or have it stolen or ruined by some unforeseen accident.

Enjoy, please. My rant is just that. A rant. One should always do what they wish or want. This is just a forum, and opinions are like As_h_l_s, everyone has one.:mooner:

I found a post the other day, and realized that you and I go waay back. I mean waaaaay back!! That is really excellent!! :toast:
  2. micahrogers

micahrogers ...And the Wife...

Too true, "Orville" just went a little too sideways for me... neither here nor there, I love the ships and effects in "Orville". I missed too much of "The Strain" but my wife loves it...

And we do go Way back... since I first joined here in 2012...:cool:
  3. frontiernx01

frontiernx01 New Member

I know I ain't paying!
  4. frontiernx01

frontiernx01 New Member

Speaking of "Orville", I wonder if there will be a paper model soon?
  5. zathros

I imagine so. The curves are gentle enough that it should be able to be pulled off. It's a fun series, but does have it's serious moments, and they are well placed. I would say that they purposely pay homage to previous shows, the lax attitude is counter the stiff ones, the banter between the Captain and his Ex-wife Number One is hilarious at times. It's just a fun show. That they watch movies on the main screen is hilarious. ;)
    frontiernx01 likes this.
  6. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator Moderator

:robot3: I'm dying to finally see "The Orville", damn! I don't have Pay TV! :robot3:
  7. zathros

It's on the cheap package here, and since it is on a local channel, anHDTV with a antennae receiver could pick it up over the air in full HD. ;)
  8. Revell-Fan

Germany's different, I only have Free TV. Ah well, I guess it appears there sooner or later one day. :)
  9. zathros

I would have gone to just streaming, but I live in a valley, and in the woods. Our internet Service is so slow, I honestly think a Rabbit could deliver the it and quicker than we get it. I'm too embarrassed to say how slow it is. It's about as fast as you can type. Too many trees to get cable. Cable was down 3 or 5 days every couple of weeks because of a limb falling or a car hitting a pole. Satellite, forgitaboudit. I am so far from that income bracket. I have Satellite T.V. and it's pretty reasonable, but Internet Satellite requires you first born sacrificed on the alter of no college funds, or support forever. ;)
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2017 at 2:12 PM
  10. Cybergrinder

Cybergrinder Member Extraordinaire

To return to my previous post, maybe you cna get STD from Blu Ray? (with apologies to Daisy Ridley) :)

blu rey.jpg
    Rhaven Blaack likes this.
  11. zathros

Maybe "Blue Balls? She's cute, even blue.:wink:
  12. scifimodelfan

scifimodelfan Member

I love The Orville, started to watch Discovery and could not get into it. I wont pay to watch the others but have another source to be able to watch the episodes but I just don't like it, to bad. Now The Orville is a light hearted breath of fresh air and so hope it continues to gain popularity as I would hat to see it get cancelled. Not to mention I like the ship....someone needs to do a model of it...LOL
  13. Revell-Fan