Seen any great Train movies lately???

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Hey!

Forgot "From Russia With Love". 007 (and his gal) spend a good part of the movie riding the (I think) Orient Express. Great scenes of steam...!

Gus (LC&P).

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
I bought last year a copy of The Titfield Thunderbolt on DVD. It's in a set of 5 Ealing comedies. It's about the efforts of a small village to operate their branch line when the Railway closes it, while being sabotaged by the bus line.

I have a tape called The Train Buff's Dream Tape. Among the contents are Pacific 231 and Tocatta for Toy Trains. (Bought from the TCA in Strasburg, many years ago). Tocatta is the most beautiful and loving photography of very old tinplate trains and toys - real tin, wood and paper.
Another atmospheric piece is the Australian A Steam Train Passes.

hooknlad

Mar 28, 2005
Woodbridge, NJ USA
Spiderman 2

Heya Hook - long time no see.... Great topic !!!! No one mentioned the great elevated subway scene in Spiderman 2.. Great modelling with this one.. Be good my oldfriend and take care of that back of yours...:thumb:

Nick8564

Sep 3, 2004
Broken Arrow, I like this one the best. Planes and trains and hummers. They show a stealth bomber. John Travolta, Air Force pilot hijacks the bomber he is flying and steals the nukes on board. Then uses hummers and then a train to move them across the west back to the east. Great movie.

hooknlad

Mar 28, 2005
Woodbridge, NJ USA
Being it was a very dreary rainy day in NJ and im laid up with bone achey weather , I watched " Under Siege 2: Dark territory", one of those Steven Segal movies, most of the show takes place on a train - great effects.. I also watched" Money Train" . That show took you through the subway system of NYC, very unrealistic , but a very cool movie non the less..:thumb: :thumb: two thumbs up

zedob

Dec 26, 2004
Chicopee, MA
I watched that yesterday, too. Not one of the best movies, but enjoyable on a rainy day.

For a more futuristic ride, the trains on "The Island" (not the one about the pirates) the movie about two clones who find out about thier destiny and go on the run (shades of Bladerunner, but still good). In one scene they take a ride on a Maglev train (remember, futuristic. 2019) and the other is a chase scene that has some railroad wheels involved and makes the movie well worth watching. It's on HBO, SHO, or one of the premium channels.