Question of the year, 2007

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
Jan 27, 2007
Centurion, South Africa
Re: Plans for 2007

I plan to build a 3m x 0,6m long portable layout. Typical UK style with a fiddle yard (staging Yard) at one end and then a rural South African Dorpie (Small town) @ the other.
This will be my first layout since I'm always helping others with theirs.

I'm going to use hinges to attach four boards together. This does not leave much space for operating mainline trains- since it will be in HO- so it will be short branchline trains that need to be shunted into sidings.

I want to take the layout to swapmeets and conventions to show beginners that you don't need a big layout to have fun, @ the end of the day, the layout will fold up, I clip the boards together and carry it out like a suitcase. I will post pics as I progress in the project. :thumb:

I also plan to help other people with the problems and building of their layouts, which I usualy do.

conrailmike

Jan 15, 2007
Highland, MI
Well, let's see....

Not in any particular order either....

Buy more structures, rolling stock, and locomotives that are on my want list and detail/weather them extensively
Convince the wife that an extension and second floor for the garage is a good thing.
Buy a spray booth for the airbrush.
Build some new dioramas or maybe a display case.
Renew my NMRA membership so I can go to the National Convention in Detroit this summer.
Become better at making scenery.
Finish off the basement so I can have a temporary layout until I add on to the garage.
Get out this spring/summer and do some railfanning (didn't get to last summer)
Hit the train shows that are coming this year,
and last but not least, have lots of fun!

tetters

Rail Spiking Fool!
Jan 21, 2005
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Plans for this year.

Make some changes to the basement area then get some shelf/bench work up. Start building some Proto kits I picked up and also build some turnouts. Possibly decide on a DCC system, leaning towards the Zepher right now as it would suit my needs perfectly.

That's about it.

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
Jan 27, 2007
Centurion, South Africa
A little off topic- sorry

I see lots of posts about convincing the wives.

It reminds me of a storey where one of the customer came to our model train shop with a few loaves of unsliced bread.

He simply cut off the ends and took out the insides of the bread and stuffed the models inside just to get past his wife- desperate times call for desperate measures!!:rolleyes: