Question of the year, 2007

ezdays

Out AZ way
Yeah, we've had the "question of the day", the "question of the weekend" and even the "question of the week", but this should be the granddaddy of all questions.... up to now that is:

What are your modeling or other railroad plans for the 2007 year? What do you hope to accomplish and how much of it do you think is realistic?

We will not put an end date to this question since plans and situations can change, so we'll let this remain open for the rest of 2007, or until we stop getting responses and it drops off the chart.:wave: :wave:

nhguy

This winter I plan on building my helix and getting the top and bottom levels of my layout at least connected. I can then build the staging yard and the rest of the top level branch line. At least that's the plan. ;) As for the rest of 2007, we'll have to see how this winter goes first.

Gary S.

I plan to finalize my layout plan in January, get the roadbed and track down and wired by the end of April, testing things as i go along. The summer will be spent doing scenery, structures, and switch mechanisms. Fall of 2007 will be spent detailing the structures, scenery, and trackwork. Along the way I'll tune-up and weather my rolling stock and as always, buy more.

So I should be 90% complete by January 2008!:rolleyes:

jetrock

Most of the coming year's work will involve prepping my new basement room for the layout: insulating and finishing the exterior wall, adding reinforcing straps to connect the floor joists to the cripple wall and other structural bits of the house, and then installing the shelf brackets around the room to support the layout. After that, I can put up the backdrop panels and re-install my lighting system, and then the path is clear to re-install my old layout modules and START RUNNING TRAINS AGAIN!!

steamhead

90% complete...???!!! That only leaves 10% for the rest of your life...Reminds me of one of many questions asked on a visit by some kids & moms to the my layout..."When are you going to finish it?" Finish it...!!!??? Why would I want to finish it...What would I do after that? I'd have to tear it down and start over again...

My plan is to get the center peninsula framed out & track layed down. That'll essentially complete the trackwork and allow for "full" operations. We'll see.

And a Happy New Year to All...!!!

sign1

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
I plan on sticking around here for another year. :D :D What?!?!?!?!?

As far as the trains, I'll be deciding on what I need for the layout based on what contests and challenges y'all dream up during 2007 :) :D :) :D :) I started seriously model railroading in 82, that makes this my 25th year of operating model trains and designing layouts... :eek: goldtoth1 :eek:

I never know what i need, until there's a contest or challenge... Then I look at the rules and think. "Yeah - i could build that"!!!! :D :D :D

Glen Haasdyk

I plan to continue adding buildings, my next project will be a craftsman kit Lucas sawmill By JV models, then I want to continue adding to my city scene.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Basically I have a blank canvas to work with on the newest half of my layout. First I need to make sure I can still run trains on this section since I just finished the ballasting. Once that's done, I think I want to build a temporary control panel since right now running trains is a pain. At the same time, I've got to decide structures and scenery I want and to start building them up an area at a time.

My New Year's resolution is to finish at least one of the Cambria Sub-station kits I started to build two years ago.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

How real are my expectations? It may take a while to get the trains running and the control panel built, but since I enjoy building structures more than anything, I'm willing to bet I get more than just a few of them finished in between.

Oh yeah, and I'll do all this while keeping my eye on what's going on here.:wave: Fortunately, Mikey (N Gauger) along with a very capable Gauge crew and a whole flock of great members, makes that task easy.:thumb: :thumb:

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
2007 will be my year to go back and refine my nearly completed layout. I'll probably redo some scratchbuilt structures to make them look better and improve some scenary. i'm also planning on expanding on my idea for a shortline to add color to my black PC layout locos. It would also be nice to add some lights to buildings and create at least some rudimentary signals.
Ralph

Ray Marinaccio

My plans for 2007 are to build a larger trainroom to house a larger workshop and all the layouts I am working on and complete most of the loco and rolling stock projects I have going.
Realisticly, I will be lucky if I get half of my current projects done.

oldtanker

Get my track work done, start scenery, build a heated shop, tear down barn, finish renovation on the house......all of it if the banker will help out with the shop part.....

Rick

shaygetz

I'm currently knocking out the framework for a 10x12 layout that breaks down into 4 corner modules, 2-4'x24" modules and 2-6'x24" modules in anticipation of a train room sometime in 2007. That will make for a nice portable layout that can also be toted, setup and broke down for mall and train shows.

Building a new hobby room and then laying out my set. Hopefully I should have most of it completed by Fall. I have several ideas brewing in the brain pan and am going to decide which ones to go with.

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Plans for 2007.
Win Powerball. Buy some land and build a big house for Better Half and a big seperate building for the trains. Maybe some G for the outdoors.
Hey!...A man can dream can't he?
Actually, I have to replace some track that warped in the heat in the attic. Finish more benchwork, build a yard and an interchange, then find a spot for all these building I've been scratchbashing......

Russ Bellinis

The house remodel starts next week. It should be done by the end of May, depending on weather. Once the house remodel is done, I plan to clean out my garage, and make it useful for parking cars and doing maintainance on my family cars. Then if there is still time left in 2007, I'll start my switching layout in the spare room. I suspect that the model railroad will be the project I do in 2008, though!

Pooh Bah
Learn to paint figures. I was just getting started when my eye fell apart and I haven't got re-started. I need the outdoors to spray a base colour on them. Or a spray booth,

Finish off one town -- probably St Mary Ax. It needs a lot of street detailing.

Get a certificate towadrs my MMR. I should be able to get electrical.

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
I plan on to continue to make my mini scenes for my railroad. Also I will be buying more equipment for the railroad as the year goes on.

Jim Krause

Do I have to classify this as a New Years resolution? I have several projects on the club layout that have to be finished by Memorial Day. Thats when the museum opens for the summer and the layout has to be operational. (1) Finish scenery around the double track bridge that I put in last spring. (2) Wire up the logging spur and switchback. (3) Finish my Campbell enginehouse and install it on the layout. That thing is sure alot bigger after its assembled than it looks in the photo's. And finally, I hope to get started on an On30 module. Makes me tired just thinking about it. Oh yeah, one other thing. Care for my wife full time.

Secure land and new home for the family, buy a used 14x60 mobile home (cheaper than a storage building,plus already has electrical, insulated, and finished walls) to house my new layout. Wife and I were discussing the layout earlier, and I said it was going to be 2 levels, she said to make it 3 and put 2 classification yards on itjawdrop . (I think shes been reading my MRR and RMC books when I'm not looking):D So, if I dissappear for a week or 2, you'll know where I'm at:thumb: