Passengers or freight?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Woodie, Apr 23, 2002.

1. kettlestack

kettlestack Member

Charlie, that L&N train looks super! I bet the passengers are admiring your architecture. It's worthy of note sir!

Bob, those three axle coaches takes me back to my 70's decade of MR. I think Walthers sold these around that time. I also notice the IHC with vanderbuilt tender, did you ever get round to fitting a Kadee coupler on the front end? I managed to fit one.

Errol
  2. bobrien

bobrien Member

only HALF a family gromit???
    my idea of an express train family takeout would be the lot, plus the dog on the leash :D
  3. RI541

RI541 Member

No the leash gets cought on a grab iron the poor mute probly kept up until the first switch stand:) :D :)

I go bed now
  4. Bob Collins

Bob Collins Active Member

Errol;

I have the coupler as a "to do" item, but my plate is full right now and something like doing that means I need to have plenty of time to think the project through as well as do it. I will eventually get around to it. That is probably the, or at least one of the engines I will need to run as an analog as I can't imagine how I would get a decoder into it. Not equipped to put it in the tender, so......

My grandkids bought me the Oscar and Piker for Christmas last year. The kids think they are a real scream.

Bob

Bob
  5. mrgooch

mrgooch Member

Have passengers waiting

They will have to wait awhile. At least until my check clears and the new MDC overlands arrive.
  6. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

Bob,
    Seeing the Piker, and the Oscar, reminded me that at some time I want to couple up maybe five Pikers and an Oscar, and pull them with an A-B-A Hustler.
    Pete
  7. Bob Collins

Pete;

I guess I'm not familiar with the A-B-A Hustler. Have you got a picture handy?

Bob
  8. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

Bob,
    No pictures, sorry. I haven't started kitbashing the Athearn "hustler" into a B unit yet.
    Pete
  9. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Hustler

Bob: the Hustler is Athearn's 4 wheel shunter. Used to be a motor on a truck with rubber band drive. Model Railroader awarded it the booby prize in the speed category for 400+ scale miles an hour.

Do they still make it?
  10. Bob Collins

David;

I figured it had to be something like that, but I just couldn't come up with a picture in my mind of exactly what it might be. I know what you are talking about now. Thanks very much. Painted UPRR colors and pulling Oscar and Piker would be a real scream to look at

:D :D :D

Bob