Nobi's Cromwell Tank 1:35

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Soaring

Well! Tests are over, and now just 2 weeks left of school! Now that everything has cooled down, I took up the Cromwell again.

Alright, working on the chassis and the upper hull of the tank. Before I get to the garage to paint it, I'll have to laminate the locks on the back of the tank, and the bolts around the hull.

Tomorrow I'll put another coat on the fenders with medium green than olive drab. The hue is different on one fender, and so I'll have to add another coat. Then I'll put a light coat on the darker fender to fix up the white patches.

I think I'll be able to paint the bolts and details on the hull by tomorrow, and should have the entire hull finished by the end of the weekend. :mrgreen:

Attachments

• 100_3471.jpg
    100_3471.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 100_3469.jpg
    100_3469.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 21

Bob Ebophalus

Jun 25, 2004
I've built this tank, and can perhaps make some helpful suggestions. The front of the turret, where the barrel comes out, is reversed. Compare the kit piece to the original picture below, and you'll see what i mean. Since you're painting this, you can simply cut off the rectangular piece that makes the front of the turret, flip it inside out and glue it back together. And a minor error, but there is a place on the back of the hull for a part 2b, but that part doesn't exist. NOBI told me it was just a tow hook, make one up out of scrap. Also, unless you printed on very heavy paper, you will probably want to reinforce the sides and top of the hull with some 0.5 mm card on the inside to prevent it from deforming.

Reversed turret front:

Original photo for reference:

My final model:

Hope this helped. Your Cromwell is looking very nice, especially with the extra detail pieces. Keep up the good work!

S

Soaring

Ah :D Excellent work man, but I think this is as far as my build on the Cromwell is going to get. Now I'm trying to get the right cardboard, glue, paints and knacks for the kits I ordered. I wanna get started on those ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.