NMRA Toronto Train exhibit cancelled

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
There is enough out there to kill you that nothing worries me..Look at this way.The food you eat,the air you breathe,and the very water you drink will lay you low..Germs? Yes we have many that will make us sick and even kill us..We have ticks, with Rocky Mountain fever and lime disease,mosquitoes carrying Mariya and other diseases mad men with guns,drunk drivers,road rage,car accidents and other such dangers..SARS-Naw,the very least of my worries...:D

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
The National Train Show was cancelled, but the Maple Leaf Train Show lives on. Here's the info from the site

The NMRA has chosen to cancel the National Train Show. This has been done in response to a number of the major model railroad industry suppliers pulling out of the Show. We are extremely disappointed with their lack of support and certainly feel that the decision is unwarranted as Canadian, American (CDC), and International (WHO) Public Health officials have stated the risk to persons visiting Toronto is minimal to non existent.

We have successfully established a new Train Show on Saturday July 19th and Sunday July 20. As these plans continue, our Web site will be continually updated to keep you informed of our progress. We are currently looking at offering tours during the day on Friday and these will be offered at the Tour Desk. Advance information will be posted on our Web site, as it becomes available.

For a link to the Maple Leaf 2003 website click here

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
(Apologies, Val)
Just to get the terms right, the Maple Leaf 2003 CONVENTION is still on. This includes the business meeting :mad: , the clinics, the tours (layouts, prototype, tourist, family) and the banquet.
The train show, which is manufacturers, dealers, organizations and portable layouts/displays, has been cancelled because it was down to 25% particpation and not up to national standards.
There is talk of having a smaller train show organized by local people.
Apparently, 9 of the 96 tours have been cancelled or combined because of insuffiecient response (87 of them are still running, although the bus count on them may be down).

TinGoat

Ignorant know it all
Re: Go to http://www.ml2003.com for updates...

MAPLE LEAF TRAIN SHOW ANNOUNCED
[url]http://www.ml2003.com
[/URL]

Here's the latest Press Release from the Maple Leaf 2003 crew....

There will be a Train Show put on by the organizers of the Maple Leaf 2003.

June 7, 2003
NMRA/NFR Maple Leaf 2003 Convention
Toronto, Ontario

Organizers of the Maple Leaf 2003 NMRA National Convention in Toronto, being held from July 13 to July 20, announced today that the Maple Leaf Train Show will run in conjunction with the Convention on Saturday July 19th and Sunday July 20th.

The Maple Leaf Train Show will provide a free shuttle service to the Train Show for convention attendees as well as the general public. Attendees of the Maple Leaf 2003 Convention will have access to the Maple Leaf Train Show as part of their registration package.

The Maple Leaf Train Show will occupy 50,000 sq. ft. of space and will contain numerous display layouts in all of the major scales.

Vendors who are interested in participating are asked to contact Doug Jarvis at 905-945-2775, e-mail dougjarvis@sympatico.ca or Frank Steele at 613-378-0309 FAX 613-378-1361. Vendor pricing information will be made available on contact. Rates are consistent with the normal Toronto market.

Admission prices for the General Public will be:

Adult $10
Kids under 6 Free
Kids (age 6 -12) $4
Seniors $8

Convention attendees will find updates on the convention Web site www.ml2003.com.

SEE YOU IN TORONTO JULY 13TH – 20TH
MAPLE LEAF 2003 ORGANIZING COMMITTEE

So visit the Maple Leaf 2003 Webpage for Updates...
[/URL]

TinGoat

Ignorant know it all
Re: Re: Go to http://www.ml2003.com for updates...

[/URL]

Here's the latest Press Release from the Maple Leaf 2003 crew....

PRESS RELEASE

June 10, 2003
NMRA/NFR Maple Leaf 2003 Convention
Toronto, Ontario

Organizers of the Maple Leaf 2003 NMRA National Convention in Toronto, being held from July 13 to July 20, have announced today that the Maple Leaf Train Show which will run in conjunction with the Convention on Saturday July 19th and Sunday July 20th will be held at the International Centre.
(www.internationalcentre.com )

The International Centre is one of Toronto’s premier Trade Show facilities and is located just west of the convention hotels.

The Maple Leaf Train Show will provide the short free shuttle service to the Train Show for convention attendees. Attendees of the Maple Leaf 2003 Convention will have access to the Maple Leaf Train Show as part of their registration package.

The Maple Leaf Train Show will occupy 100,000sq. ft. of space and will contain numerous display layouts in all of the major scales.

Vendors who are interested in participating are asked to contact Doug Jarvis at 905-945-2775, e-mail dougjarvis@sympatico.ca FAX 905-945-0197 or Frank Steele at 613-378-0309 FAX 613-378-1361. Vendor pricing information will be made available on contact. Rates are consistent with the normal Toronto market.

Admission prices for the General Public will be:

Adult $10
Kids under 6 Free
Kids (age 6 -12) $4
Seniors $8

Train Show hours are: Saturday: July 19th 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday: July 20th 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

SEE YOU IN TORONTO JULY 13TH – 20TH

MAPLE LEAF 2003 ORGANIZING COMMITTEE

So visit the Maple Leaf 2003 Webpage for Updates...
[/URL]

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Well,We now have Monkey-Pox-never heard of it myself..But it will make you sick..:(

See www.cnn.com under health to read all about it..Folks if it not one thing its something else..

I still plan on going to the convention..:D

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
Train show looks like it`s on.

It seems that many people have worked very hard to put together a train show.
Go to Tin Goat`s Link;)
I am Trying to put our crew together and bring the Traction L/O .
Will know by Monday next, It looks promising.:)

Mike R

Jan 18, 2002
Meaford Ontario Canada
Visit site
Was thinking of going in the show with a vendor booth, but cost is outside my range. :eek:
Will try to get to Maple Leaf show as a visitor.

Next show we will have tables in, is Muskoka [Bracebridge] Aug 9-10.
regards / Mike:D

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
well we registered

Got a motley crew together:D so I emailed or requirments in.
They will let us know when the floor plan is ready.
So if you get to this show please make yourselfs known to the Traction in Action guys.
WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO
Lets have a blast:D ;) :p

See you there Mike??brakie??TinGoat?? Val??Robin?? David??cpr_paul??anyone else????

TinGoat

Ignorant know it all
I'll be there...

I'll be showing my unfinished OCMODS Modules with the Narrow Gauge Madness Crowd.

I don't think that I'll have the time or energy to attend Val's B.B.Q., but I appreciate the invite.

Any one who wants to stop by to help wire, scenic or lay track is welcome...

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Dave, it's on Saturday July 19, from 6 - 9 pm or so. I live a 10 minute drive from the convention center. PM me to RSVP and to get directions! So far we have 4 confirmed Gaugers and a possible 2 more. Hope you can make it.

cheers
Val

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Well,I was looking forward to the Convention,meeting some of you and especially Val's cook out..However thanks to a unsafe driver I will not make it unless a miracle happens...As of now I don't even have a car to drive till Monday morning when I can rent one or perhaps barrow one of my son's cars till the insurance pays up..