New scratchbuilt structure

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Here's a scratchbuilt structure I finished a few weeks back, just needs weathering and the grey card taking away and bedding into the baseboard. The final structure I am just on with is a new Sawmill with a footprint of 15" by 11". Should have this completed by the new year.

Shamus
wink.gif

Attachments

• strc1.jpg
    strc1.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 190

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Shamus, are you interested in adopting a 10 year old child trapped in a man's body? I'm very good at holding the flashlight, I promise I won't break anything and I don't eat much. In 8 short years I'll be scratch builoding like you and I'll be old enough to be on my own. What do you say? :D :D :D Dad? :D :D :D hmmm?:D :D :D ... jr.

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
HOLY COW!!! Just when you think you have seen the best, the best gets better. What a piece of craftsmanship. My congratulations also. How long did it take you do do this one?

Got to get back to my cardboard practice pieces. Jeeesh, at this rate he'll be modeling in gold before I get my wood strip!!!:(

rich maiorano

Apr 27, 2002
levittown pa
geez I can't get the box top off a kit with out breaking something

all I can say is awesome shamus awesome:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: rich

ps got any plans for that please please;)

Clerk

Nov 6, 2002
Esparto, California
Visit site
Wow Shamus.
I sure wish I could do as good as you and Robin.. If I didn't know that was a model I would swear it was real. If I came over with a shotgun could I induce you to make me a few buildings? lol.

McFortner

Sep 9, 2002
Stockbridge, GA
Visit site
So Shamus,
When and how do you want me to send you my mail address so you can send me my home-made Christmas presents? :D :D :D :rolleyes:

I figure that by the time I can sit down and do work like that, I will be old and gray with shaking hands and won't be able to do it.... :rolleyes:

Michael

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Thanks guys, I need to reply to some of you so here goes.
Jon
Shamus, are you interested in adopting a 10 year old child trapped in a man's body? I'm very good at
holding the flashlight, I promise I won't break anything and I don't eat much. I
in 8 short years I'll be scratchbuilding like you and I'll be old enough to be on my own.
What do you say? Dad? hmmm? ... jr.

Jon my friend, I will adopt you IF YOU promise to bring your own trains:D
------------------------------------------------------
David asks
How long did it take you do do this one?

David it took me around three weeks from start to finish, I still have a little work on it to do yet, but thats just cosmetic.
----------------------------------------------

got any plans for that please please

Rich, I always do a plan of it on computer, so yes, they are around for either H0 or N.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Michael states that:-
I figure that by the time I can sit down and do work like that,
I will be old and gray with shaking hands and won't be able to do it....

Michael, I am old and gray with shaking hands, but I still manage:D

Shamus
wink.gif

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Shamus,
Once again !!! :D :D :D
It looks like one of those older industries that has "just growed"
as the need required. The crane, on the elevated dock, is a great touch of character, as is the use of mixed foundation materials. Another inspiration !!
Pete

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
Originally posted by shamus

got any plans for that please please

Rich, I always do a plan of it on computer, so yes, they are around for either H0 or N.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Shamus

Shamus,

Would you mind sharing the n-scale version? I have more cardboard:D :D

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
Originally posted by rich maiorano
awesome shamus thanK you and am sure david thanks you and we all thank you OK DID I FORGET ANYBODY:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D RICH

Rich, you got in before I got my response completed.:)

Shamus, You bet I THANK YOU!!! Great drawing. I printed it out to study it a bit and need to ask what is on the side we do not see in your photo? Does it mirror the front side in most respects? I seem to have more parts than I can account for in your great photo.:D :D :) :)

Thanks again. This one is going to be a bit of a challenge I think.:) :)

rich maiorano

Apr 27, 2002
levittown pa
SHAMUS you even got a wow out of my wife and she wants you to build her a doll house :D :D :D :D rich

ps do you save as a jpeg or bitmap????? mine seem to print out small