My new 0-4-0 's

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
Made ya Look!!!!!!!:D

Welcome to the revolution!!
Scalextric 1/32 scale sport digital Slot cars..............Lane changing, Power braking, 6 cars on a 2 lane track..................I feel the need for speed!!!!!:thumb:

My new pair

Attachments

• c2644_03s.jpg
    c2644_03s.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 226
  • Scaley Viper 3A.jpg
    Scaley Viper 3A.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 225

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Sweet! Go fast cars! I wonder if they plan on doing NASCAR? We have a new slot car track/shop opening in September.Suppose to have 3 different NASCAR tracks and a road course.:thumb:
I still have my 1/24th and 1/32nd slot car collection plus I race on a HO track.

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
Larry, There are several Nascar cars that were released this year. All of them digital ready. Pop in a module and there ya go. Modules are around 16 bucks.
They even have a new NASCAR Set which includes 2 cars plus enough Sport track to make either a Tri Oval or the Daytona course(modified tri oval) Cant remember which.

I am building a road course which will include some elevation changes..............not quite a Hill climb course, but definitly NOT Flat!!! ;)
They have a system where you can make this a 4 lane also. It uses 4 differant Radius tracks that fit one inside another R1 ( hairpin) - R4( wide sweeping turn)
R2 is considered a standard.
They also have Pit lane turnouts...1 side or 2 side so now you can set up mandatory Pit stops for all racers. Enter......Strategy!!!!
Like Model railroading, Slot cars are on alot of technical advancements and the hobby is on a huge rebound.
1/32 Slot racing is one of the fastest growing hobbies in North America at the present time.

Now what we need is someone to come up with Sound chips..........Imagine a 4 car line up with a

Dodge 426 Hemi

Chevy 427 SS

Ford 428 SCJ

Olds 442

I suppose you could toss in a Pontiac Firebird 400
and A Buick GS
Larry, There are several Nascar cars that were released this year. All of them digital ready. Pop in a module and there ya go. Modules are around 16 bucks.
They even have a new NASCAR Set which includes 2 cars plus enough Sport track to make either a Tri Oval or the Daytona course(modified tri oval) Cant remember which.

I am building a road course which will include some elevation changes..............not quite a Hill climb course, but definitly NOT Flat!!! ;)
They have a system where you can make this a 4 lane also. It uses 4 differant Radius tracks that fit one inside another R1 ( hairpin) - R4( wide sweeping turn)
R2 is considered a standard.
They also have Pit lane turnouts...1 side or 2 side so now you can set up mandatory Pit stops for all racers. Enter......Strategy!!!!
Like Model railroading, Slot cars are on alot of technical advancements and the hobby is on a huge rebound.
1/32 Slot racing is one of the fastest growing hobbies in North America at the present time.

Now what we need is someone to come up with Sound chips..........Imagine a 4 car line up with a

Dodge 426 Hemi

Chevy 427 SS

Ford 428 SCJ

Olds 442

I suppose you could toss in a Pontiac Firebird 400
and A Buick GS

Wouldnt that sound cool???
Gentlemen, START YOUR ENGINES!!!!!! :D :D :D

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
Oh, Incidently, the Sport digital 2 lane setup allows for 6 cars on a 2 lane track. It includes Radius Passing tracks and Straight passing tracks. Turnouts are triggered from the throttle. Power braking is also on the throttle ;)

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Cool! I like the digital racing idea..One could actually draft and sling shoot pass a car.Perhaps a bump and pass.OTOH I would hate to give up my current collection.
But, still a digital 48 or 43 car would be nice.:D
Sounds like you are building a nice track..Do you belong to a racing group or is there a commerical track near you?

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
No commercial track larry. Just building my own and once completed I hope to attract a few racers other than family. It would be nice to have 4 guys with 4 differant circuits in a round robin so that each week you could race differant circuits. Sometimes all you really want to do is a 1 mile oval with high banked turns and a Nascar monte carlo. other times a Grand Prix circuit with F1 or GT type cars would be fun and the possibility of a new class just recently opened up for the slot racer. JGTC or japaneese GT racers are now out with several options ( Toyota Supra, Nissan Skyline, Datsun 350Z, along with a few others.) Many of these are set up as drift racers....Can You Dig It!!! :D :D :D

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Sure,I can dig it..It would be super nice..I know when my 43 car took the lead it was exciting on slot track.
The HO racers is a group..We got together after the old track closed.The reason we went HO nobody in the group had enough space for a 1/24th or 1/32nd track.We are excited that another commercial track will be opening soon.Our last track was a 110 foot tri-oval and a Daytona track.There's roughly 5 commercial tracks within a 90 mile radius.
I think digital racing will bring in a lot of new racers.
BTW..Nascar slot car racing is popular here. A lot of the old racers went else where to race rather then race HO cars..sign1

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
I just removed My Tyco HO Layout that I had set up.( Ive got about 16 NASCAR HO slot cars and I have 1 NASCAR Die Cast Body fitted to a Tyco HP7 Chassis. ( this one is fun, it handles way differantly than its plastic counterparts and Looks far better as only Die cast can.
My total HO collection sits at around 40 cars a mixed bag of Tyco (mattel), Lifelike, Johnny Lightning Thunderjet 500's (Aurora copies) and AFX turbo, G plus, and Super G Plus.
Perhaps 1/2 dozen are vintage early 70's Tycopro.............the rest are new within the last 3 years aproximately.
I have enough Tyco HO track for probobly 8 layouts ( easily 450 - 500 feet plus) and a dozen controllers and wall warts with many Border pieces for power slides and a Bag FULL of gaurdrails.:)

I may try to run an HO course above the 1/32 course when I am done. With 15' of length I can easily get a 45 foot simple dogbone in there :)
Here is my proposed room with Benchwork rebuild.The dotted line represents existing upper shelves with Lighting in place.:thumb:

Attachments

• Racetrack Benchwork & Room layout2.jpg
    Racetrack Benchwork & Room layout2.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 200

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
www.scalextricusa.com
is the importer and you can order on thier site but it will likely be shipped from Professor Motors Shop anyways.
http://www.professormotor.com/cat_scalex.shtml

Matt Kenseth Ford Taurus NASCAR #17 DeWALT Livery 42.95
Kurt Busch Ford Taurus NASCAR #97 Sharpie Livery 42.95
Jeff Gordon Chevy Monte Carlo NASCAR #24 Dupont Livery 42.95
Jimmy Johnson Chevy Monte Carlo NASCAR #48 Lowe's Livery 42.95

You can likely buy them at a scalextric dealer (look for local dealers at 1st link) for 5-10 dollars less at a Hobbytown etc. For digital these need the module.

Road course will be moderate Larry,with 1 nice long straight and a few good technical turns.
I want to do 1 turn that uses a Radius 4 to a 3 to a 2 to a 1 and the reverse that so you break for a hairpin with decreasing radius for acceleration. One of them will be on a grade of 4% or so.
So it will be enough that you will have some fast areas but also a need to pay attention and actually drive................No sleeping at the wheel on this course larry :thumb:

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Road course will be moderate Larry,with 1 nice long straight and a few good technical turns.
I want to do 1 turn that uses a Radius 4 to a 3 to a 2 to a 1 and the reverse that so you break for a hairpin with decreasing radius for acceleration. One of them will be on a grade of 4% or so.
So it will be enough that you will have some fast areas but also a need to pay attention and actually drive................No sleeping at the wheel on this course larry
========================================================
Sounds great..In the past I had race several times on a commercial track where the longest straight was 12 foot every thing else was S curves,2 dog legs,hairpin or short straights..Needless to say it was hard sitting a car up for this track.The best I ever did was a 3rd place (barely- the 3rd place guy spun out of the slot) in the heat and finish 6th in the main.

BTW..I hope this new slot car shop has a digital track..I really like that 48 car.

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
I got so excited over that new Dodge Viper I had to go down to the dealership to see what they had..................They didnt have a viper in stock ( I guess there is a waiting list) and a Viper probobly would not have been a good rig for a tile contractor sign1
So I left with this instead :thumb:
DodgeHemiQuad15004x42800.jpg

Attachments

• Dodge Hemi Quad 1500 4x4 3.jpg
    Dodge Hemi Quad 1500 4x4 3.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 140

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
My fastest HO car is a Life Like 48 car body mounted on a Aurora G+Plus chassis.
The pride of my 1/24th race cars is the 43..Its a supped up Parma machine with Pro Racing brushes in a 16D motor,silver thread pickups and a 28-8 gear ratio.Fastest qualifying 2.9 seconds on a 110 foot tri-oval.Fastest 1/32nd is also a Parma Setup like above and fastest QT was 3.0 on the same tri-oval.My Bush series racers are about the same except with the stock 12D motor as per the rules.I did add the Sliver thread pickups and PRO Racing brushes with the allowed 29-9 ratio for a average 3.1 QT.I have 3 practice cars and one Ford GT for road racing.QT on road course varies due to the type of track and setup needed.My fastest QT was 3.5(average for that track) on a twisting 90 foot road course.
Needless to say one almost needs a sponsor to stay competitive since motors start losing power after the 10th race(its normal to replace motors 3 or 4 times during a Championship point 40 race series) and one should replace rear tires every 3rd race when the tires start loosing gripping power..:D

Nice truck!

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Tileguy said:
Are you saying my Tile Company should sponser my Racing efforts :D :D :D

Hmmmm Maybe custom painted Lexan Bodies are in my future ;)

If you ever race in a Championship race series why not? You could paint the car the same color as your company's truck and place your company name on the hood..:thumb:

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
OK finally finallized the new circuit.
Benchwork is built and i am working on roadbed elevations and my pit garages...........moving right along ;)
Ive also added a few new additions to the car corral ;)

Whadya think Brakie??
Want to drive it? :D

Racetrack1B.jpg