And a couple new additions :)
Ferrarischumaker.jpg

F1kimmiraikkonen.jpg

Maserati.jpg

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Those new 1/32nd car looks good..For commercial track racing I think those are to nice to be used.I would hate to see one of those beauties fly apart in a high speed wreck. thats why I plan on using Parma Lexan bodies..:thumb:

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
I would hate to see one of those beauties fly apart in a high speed wreck

Larry, they are like Dorito's, they'll make more :D :D :D

Besides, nobody said racing was a CHEAP Hobby :)

My scenery will be a bit differant than the model railroad. Any area's where the potential for scenery contact is even a remote possibilty will be Soft scenery.........They may Look like Rocks, but they are actually FROCKS :D :D :D

Actually, you'll never get up to the speeds possible on a commercial track on my home track, its just not long enough. You will have to drive though and with these new spendy cars rules are changing in a lot of home venues, particullarly with the digital cars.

Off the track.....your race is over!!! kinda makes a guy have to pay a little more attention doesnt it :)

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
[/QUOTE]

Besides, nobody said racing was a CHEAP Hobby :)

That my friend is a understatement..Motors,tires,pickup brushes,more tires,motor,more tires,brushes more tires,motor and on it goes just for a shot at a plastic trophey..But,IT'S FUN!!! :thumb:

[/QUOTE]

Off the track.....your race is over!!! kinda makes a guy have to pay a little more attention doesnt it :)
[/QUOTE]
Theres 2 ways to end your race early at a commercial track..Wreck your car by breaking off the guide,knocking your motor loose and bending your frame or get black flagged for having to many wrecks.One learns to pay attention real fast after several costly DNF..:eek: :(

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
Its been awhile but I finally got a little time off to work on the track.

Ive also recieved a few new cars since my last posts.
A Ferrari 330 P4 from Lemans 1967
ScalexDigitalsFerrari330P4.jpg

And a Pair of Ford GT's
The First a 2004 Ford GT Concept Car
ScalexDigitalsFordGTConcept.jpg

And the #11 1967 Daytona Winner a 67 GT40
FordGT4067Daytona.jpg

And finally the South end of the circuit. Long ways to go yet but progress is being made.:thumb: Gentlemen..announce1 Start your engines!!!:D
SlotsSouth002.jpg

CCT70

Jun 25, 2003
Oh..... NOW you guys are talkign MY language!

I really want to build a nice, scenicked HO track, something akin to Sear Point nearby (I REFUSE to call it "Infineon"), but I don't have the space now that my little 1 car garage is now full of office equipment.

One of these days, a spare bedroom in the new house will house my home office and a killer HO track. Most of my stuff is AFX (Super G+) and some old Aurora Magnetraction that are just a blast to drive. I'd love to eventually have a couple models of the Late Models I crew on. (2003 & 2006 Monte Carlo's)

shannon-1.jpg

2006champs.jpg

shannonwin.jpg

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
CCT..........If you ever Drive on a 1/32 digital track..............you will NEVER go back to HO slots.
6 cars on a 2 lane track with Passing tracks (selectable) Power braking etc etc....The scale speeds are almost dead on too.
Its a bit spendier than HO.......But way more fun. Ive got a ton of Tyco and Aurora stuff (and a 4x8 layout out in the Shed) but nothing beats Drifting a 1/32 around a corner, hitting the button and passing the competition on the inside followed by swinging back to the outside to take advantage of WALL leaning :D