More Pictures

CSX6638

Jul 24, 2002
FLORIDA
Visit site
I have viewd all the photos in your posts and I think your layout is of the best that I have seen including those shown on the TV program Tracks Ahead and model train shows that I have gone to and those in several RR mags. you should get someone to publish your layout in a Mag. or on TV Great work
CSX6638

RAY METIVIER

Jul 14, 2002
OHIO
home.woh.rr.com
TRAIN layout

CSX6638

Thanks for the comments. I'm really not finished with the layout yet. I'm only about 1/2 done. I haven't posted pictures of the unfinished portion. It's 100% operational but the scenery leaves much to be desired at this time. Yet to come is an airport, oil refinery, oil field, cement plant, and gravel pit. Some of it is in place but has no detail. I will soon post some pictures of it as is.
Thanks again for your comments.

pf2488

Jul 21, 2002
CT
community.webshots.com
This is my first post here in The Gauge, but I have to agree that you need to (or someone else here) contact a magazine and get your layout in print. It is awesome, Recently, N Scale Railroading magazine (May/June 2002) published a layout that wasn't completed, and a picture of the unfinished yard made the cover!

I am eagerly awaiting more pictures. Please post more pictures.....

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Ray, once again, nice photo's. Do you have a website? this would help in publication as editors view these websites often. I myself have had 30 publications both in the UK and (12) USA .
Here's the link to some of my publications.

http://www.index.mrmag.com/tm.exe?opt=S&sort=D&output=5&cmdtext="TEMPLAR,+PAUL"

If you need help making a website, please feel free to ask me about one. I use Microsoft Front page 2000 for mine.

Just click on the logo.

Shamus

RAY METIVIER

Jul 14, 2002
OHIO
home.woh.rr.com
PF2488's cats

Garth,

I'm Ray's wife. We enjoyed a tour of your website and train layout. I especially enjoyed your N gauge cats. We have two also, Ray is not as kind about letting them enjoy his layout. When he use to have it in the basement they would sometimes escape to the basement and Ray did not enjoy watching his engines coming out of the tunnels pushing giant hairballs. His goal is to live long enough to be cat free for at least a few years.

Cute cats,
Marcia Metivier

pf2488

Jul 21, 2002
CT
community.webshots.com
Ralph,

Please feel free to visit my Webshots site as often as you like. I hope to add more photos (proto and N Scale) about every month.

Marcia,

As far as the cats go, if you can't beat them, join them. It seemed that the more we tried to keep the off the layout, the harder they tried. Since we let them in and out of the trainroom (with supervision and without) they no longer desire to get on the layout unless they get locked in the trainroom, in which the layout allows them to get enough height to jump over the train room wall to freedom.

P.S. They enjoy the sound of the trains overhead as they sleep under the layout on the new carpeting.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Thanks Garth!
I have two cats, one of which is content to sit on the floor and look up at the sound of passing trains while the other literally "walks the line" by following the roadbed. The good news is that she usualy avoids snagging structures and scenary this way but she terrorizes the HO scale crew in the caboose! :)
I especially enjoyed the pic of Primo as Catzilla!
Ralph