ModelKopia SS21 Tochka TEL (1:50 to 1:35 kitbash)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The upper hull has been attached. This was a multi-phase operation, and involved some "welding" with white glue as we (as expected) encountered some fit problems due to the rescale.

Yes, it looks ugly. This model will be painted. The windows are glazed with PVA packaging material.

More to follow....
JR

Attachments

• Tochka Upper Hull Attached.jpg
    Tochka Upper Hull Attached.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 204
Missile Doors Added

With the hull assembled, we fabricate the missile doors. Noodling up the sliding mechanism was interesting, to say the least.

As printed, the doors proved to be slightly too narrow. I am resigned to dealing with fit problems (none too severe) throughout the rest of this enlarged build.

Attachments

• Missile Doors 1.jpg
    Missile Doors 1.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 179
A top view of the closed doors, loosely fitted. here, you can see the sliding mechanism, as well as some of the "welding" that had to be done along the sides of the missile box.

When/if I build this puppy again, I will approach the installation of the missile box a little differently, attaching it into the upper hull from the bottom.

Attachments

• Missile Doors 3.jpg
    Missile Doors 3.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 183
Clashter/Johnny: Thanks for the votes of support! I am, at present, working off a folding table in my (wife's) kitchen, with only a vague general idea of where the bulk of my modeling stuff is. (In boxes, out back, someplace....)

I am glad to see that there is interest in this build!!

More to follow...

Jim

airbob

Jim,
This is a really interesting build!!! on a very interesting subject...thanks for "tackling" this obscure kit about a really exciting subject....keep the screws tightened on the little guys....they should NEVER mess with the BOSS!:cry: .....Bob out here...

Bob: Many thanks for the kind words and for your support! It is folks like you that have made me want to keep my hand in, despite a 1600-mile move and the loss of my 250-sq ft personal workshop in the process.

My new workshop is on order, and I expect to get my act firmly together at the end of next month; at which time I hope to move the tractor plant out of Jill's kitchen and away from the ravages of the Household Katz. At that blessed time, I'll also find all of my modeling tools, as well.....

My friend brought me back a few ModelKopia issues. I am impressed with the quality of their fit and their design. Their construction is simple, but, as I hope that you can see, with a little attention to detail, you can build them up into a decent model.

As printed, the Modelkopia models are at a nominal scale of 1:50. I have enlarged them to 1:35.

I REALLY like the job you did on downsizing the MM SA2 to 1:120 scale. I will contact you shortly offline about that kit.

Your rescale of the GPM B-52 is awesome, also!

Regards,
Yer Canadian friend,
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.