ModelKopia SS21 Tochka TEL (1:50 to 1:35 kitbash)

Status
Not open for further replies.

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
I love watching your Russian factory Jim they are a bit like fairy tales a sort of ugly duckling that in the last scene becomes a fully flrdged swan and I sit here and wonder how did he do that all of a sudden.

Barry: I take this as high praise, given the quality of your own work!! Thanks!

I sometimes wonder how these vehicles turn out as well as they do myself. Mind you, Russian Armour Green tends to hide a multitude of sins :)

My wife is looking forward to the end of this build, as it is taking place on a folding table in the kitchen.........

MTF

Jim

Stabilizing Jacks

I decided to "cheat" here!! ;-) (remember where the build is taking place!!)

After setting pieces of 3/32 ID brass tube into the hull for the hydraulics, I found some pop rivets in the bottom of one of my tool boxes. With a little reconfiguration, they become the stabilizing jacks, as seen here:

Attachments

• Jacks1.jpg
    Jacks1.jpg
    345.1 KB · Views: 119
We start painting...

The first of a couple of coats of Tamiya Russian Armour Green is being applied. Typiically, I'll put the first coat on with a large brush so as to get into all of the nooks, crannies and glue joints. I'll finish with an airbrush later.

Slowly but surely, the model becomes a little less ugly. Still a lot of work to do, though....

As an aside: yesterday, I sprayed the missile with Krylon matt finish and set it outside to dry in the rare BC sunshine. I forgot about it, and it stayed outside all night. There was no problem this morning: I just brought it in and let the frost dry off naturally. I'll finish painting it this week.

Attachments

• First Coat.jpg
    First Coat.jpg
    290.2 KB · Views: 115
Lots of lessons in this build, including how some simple tools make all the difference (and how their absence (due to being stuffed away someplace ) makes you relearn a lot of basic techniques real quick!!).

This was not as clean a build as I'd have liked. That having been said, and looking at the prices of p*****c or resin kits of this vehicle in 1:35, I am OK with the result.

Hope you all are too!!

Regards from the NW Coast of Canada

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.