Mikey's Speakeasy... Where nobody knows your name...

F

Fred_M

Working again on Mikey's. I have had the flu and haven't done much modeling, just been laying around watching the tube. I really liked the Farscape mini series. Anyway, here's a pix of what I have done.

adp.jpg

F

Fred_M

Thanks guys and gals. I need to get back on this, so today I brought it to the store and will solder in the white Led lights so I can then put on the roof. Fred

F

Fred_M

:) I put in the white LEDs and picture them below. In the back, where the real door will be open, I put in blue and red leds which flash in alternate about once per second. Can't get a picture of it, but it's a cool effect, looks like a real swinging party a goin' on. Fred

Attachments

• mikeatnite.jpg
    mikeatnite.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 228

Wyomingite

Mar 16, 2002
Wyoming USA
Visit site
Great job there Fred'
looks just like some of the old buidings in old Deadwood South Dakota which had the same doings down stairs and upstairs only twenty years ago.

Ron :thumb: :thumb: :wave:

F

Fred_M

This project is now complete and this is my last HO structure for a while. I've been bitten by the logging bug and it's time for me to do some On30 scratching. I'll still keep my HO layout, will just downsize my fleet a bit. Here's the finished shot. Fred

mikeys9ub.jpg

SAL Comet

May 13, 2004
N.W. Georgia
Ha Fred, Nice work as usual. That thingy on top would be a pediment only if it is on the actual roof lines, if it is meant to hide a flat roof or a different roof line, it is called a parapet or parapet wall. I know, spliting hairs, it's the builder in me.

F

Fred_M

I've already built some O structures for Shamus and myself Robin. The treehouse here on The Gauge is O. I am also working on what will be Robin's Outfitters over on AMR, named for you Robin. :) It wil be a 1930's backwood hunting, fishing, and trapping store made from rock and wood. I also have built a coaling tower and outhouse for Shamus. The coaling tower I understand will be included in an article written by Shamus in Model Railroading early next year as will an On30 combine built by our friend Phillip. I have lots of fun building the larger structures. And that's what its all about, FUN. Fred

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi all, long time since I posted, yes that right about the coaling tower made by Fred and the combo by Philip, both excellent models of which I am proud to own.
Shamus
pcombo.jpg

ct1.jpg