Mikey's Speakeasy... Where nobody knows your name...

F

Fred_M

After building four coaling towers in a row it's time for a change. Thought about a wood watertower, but that's too much like a coaling tower. I'll do it and a sand dryer next maybe? So I decided to do Mikey's Speakeasy Tavern... "the place where nobody knows your name". I like that name, gives a feeling of the stereotypical "keep your mouth shut taverns" that were sometimes ran by people with crooked noses. :wave: :D

So I started by working on the front tonite while I watch WWE and drink some brew to get in the mood. :cool: Fred

Attachments

• m1.jpg
    m1.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 504

belg

Fred that looks like a great store front I'm interested in the type of material you used is it a moulding of some type?? Thanks Pat

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
If this is anything like your towers it should look great. Can't wait to see the progress.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
That looks Great So far, Fred!! :) :)

Is it gonna have a door - with a "little Door" in it?? - (Whispers) "Jon sent me" LOL

F

Fred_M

N Gauger said:
That looks Great So far, Fred!! :) :)

Is it gonna have a door - with a "little Door" in it?? - (Whispers) "Jon sent me" LOL
Thanks guys, and actually yes Mikey, and scratch built from wood at that. No cheap plastic doors on this joint. BTW, its 2 soft and 3 hard, followed by another soft. Fred

F

Fred_M

Pat, the building is made from strip and sheet basswood from Hobby Lobby, no special wood products. The widows are Grandt's Line. The second story went up tonite. The paralax is my camera, the building is straight. :) And I miscounted, I built 5 coal towers in a row. Fred

Attachments

• m2.jpg
    m2.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 433
F

Fred_M

Made a thingy for the roof. Anyone know what they are called? I'm thinking on making some shutters from wood. I'm gonna think on that as it's a detail part and can wait a while. The big picture windows I'm thinking need to be dirty because this is a speakeasy and the entrance will be at the rear. I'm thinking acetate and make a wand and spray dullcoat and use the wand to keep the middle of the windows cleaner than the edges. Maybe even mist on some alcohol to really get it dirty. Anyone ever do that? Fred

Attachments

• m3.jpg
    m3.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 391

shaygetz

Hmmmmm...Early '80s, Saturday night at "The Bearded Clam" in Ocean City, Halloween weekend, upside-down Magaritas, just won a case of Buds for dressing in drag. Nearly got kissed by some toothless biker wannabe in desparate need of a bath...a part of my testimony I'm glad I won't have to take into eternity with me :rolleyes:

Great work, love those open windows :thumb: thanks for the trip down Memory Lane...I think :p

Tyson Rayles

That's looking really good Fred! :cool:

"Hmmmmm...Early '80s, Saturday night at "The Bearded Clam" in Ocean City, Halloween weekend, upside-down Magaritas, just won a case of Buds for dressing in drag. Nearly got kissed by some toothless biker wannabe in desparate need of a bath...a part of my testimony I'm glad I won't have to take into eternity with me "

Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much information Bob, wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too much! :p :rolleyes: :D

shaygetz

Tyson Rayles said:
Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much information Bob, wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too much! :p :rolleyes: :D

I know, I know...just hadda get it out there should I ever run for an NMRA National Office. Don't want my opponent thinking he can pull a National Enquier on me :thumb:

F

Fred_M

Forgot about these guys. Found a tommy gun. :) Now, do I dress this guy up or give his gun, er, weapon to another LPB?

Attachments

• tommy.jpg
    tommy.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 183
F

Fred_M

Added a small vestibule and door with transom. This isn't the entrance. It will be in the side.

Attachments

• m4.jpg
    m4.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 184
  • m5.jpg
    m5.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 179
F

Fred_M

Added a roof to the vestibule and a 3mm white LED for a light. Also removed the spacer from the bottom.

Attachments

• m6.jpg
    m6.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 172
F

Fred_M

Dirtied the windows with dullcoat and alcohol. Applied to the dullcoat when wet, the alcohol turns dull coat white when it dries. This gives it the abandoned look I'm after.

Attachments

• m7.jpg
    m7.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 181