J V Models - Watson Siding

willy4

Jan 17, 2008
Que Canada
I am now in Florida For the next 3 months. I always bring some kits with me to kill time.
Here is the first one.

Bill

Attachments

• jspn_Watson_Siding_003.jpg
    jspn_Watson_Siding_003.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 29
  • jspn_Watson_Siding_004.jpg
    jspn_Watson_Siding_004.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 21
  • jspn_Watson_Siding_005.jpg
    jspn_Watson_Siding_005.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 20
  • jspn_Watson_Siding_006.jpg
    jspn_Watson_Siding_006.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 22

TrainGuyRom

Apr 27, 2008
Madison WI
That is a good idea. I would do that when I fly to LA, but FAA doesn't aproove of X-acto knives or Testers Plastic Glue, even in checked baggage. I couldn't really mail it there, becouse by the time it arrives, my vacation is half way over. I only stay there about a week, but if I were to stay at least 3 weeks, I would mail everything over.
I like to bring a few magizeens to school each day. it is good when my teachers are late, and after I finish a test.
Good luck with your next kits!
TGR

willy4

Jan 17, 2008
Que Canada
John

It is a hard question because I don't know your modeling experience.
I have been in the hobby for 30 years. I picture in my mind how I want the model to look and try to build it that way. The instructions in the kit don't tell
you how to make it look run down. I take pictures of old run down buildings
and look at them to get ideas. Sorry I could not be more help full.

Bill

BillW

Jun 17, 2007
Calgary, AB
Hi Bill,

I love your attention to the little details. Despite viewing the model as a photo, the tar paper roofing looks beautifully curled. I'm also really fond of the way the supporting post has punched through the roof of the awning. Excellent work!

ecenur

Oct 25, 2010
I really like the way this was done, I also really like how it's so detailed every bit of it, especially the roofing, if I didn't know any better I would've thought it was an small sized building with a perfect roof and everything. What materials did you use to make this?

willy4

Jan 17, 2008
Que Canada
I used the material that came in the kit. The roof was strips of felt paper.
I sanded the paper to make it thinner. When I glued on a strip, I did not glue it all the way across, this way I was able to lift up a spot and tear it with my tweezers
I used Bragdon Powders to high lite the tar paper.
The same method was used on the porch.

Bill