J V Models - Watson Siding

willy4

I am now in Florida For the next 3 months. I always bring some kits with me to kill time.
Here is the first one.

Bill

Attachments

• jspn_Watson_Siding_003.jpg
    jspn_Watson_Siding_003.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 29
  • jspn_Watson_Siding_004.jpg
    jspn_Watson_Siding_004.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 21
  • jspn_Watson_Siding_005.jpg
    jspn_Watson_Siding_005.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 20
  • jspn_Watson_Siding_006.jpg
    jspn_Watson_Siding_006.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 22

TrainGuyRom

That is a good idea. I would do that when I fly to LA, but FAA doesn't aproove of X-acto knives or Testers Plastic Glue, even in checked baggage. I couldn't really mail it there, becouse by the time it arrives, my vacation is half way over. I only stay there about a week, but if I were to stay at least 3 weeks, I would mail everything over.
I like to bring a few magizeens to school each day. it is good when my teachers are late, and after I finish a test.
Good luck with your next kits!
TGR

willy4

John

It is a hard question because I don't know your modeling experience.
I have been in the hobby for 30 years. I picture in my mind how I want the model to look and try to build it that way. The instructions in the kit don't tell
you how to make it look run down. I take pictures of old run down buildings
and look at them to get ideas. Sorry I could not be more help full.

Bill

BillW

Hi Bill,

I love your attention to the little details. Despite viewing the model as a photo, the tar paper roofing looks beautifully curled. I'm also really fond of the way the supporting post has punched through the roof of the awning. Excellent work!

ecenur

I really like the way this was done, I also really like how it's so detailed every bit of it, especially the roofing, if I didn't know any better I would've thought it was an small sized building with a perfect roof and everything. What materials did you use to make this?

willy4

I used the material that came in the kit. The roof was strips of felt paper.
I sanded the paper to make it thinner. When I glued on a strip, I did not glue it all the way across, this way I was able to lift up a spot and tear it with my tweezers
I used Bragdon Powders to high lite the tar paper.
The same method was used on the porch.

Bill