I spent my whole paycheck!

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Just about anyway, but what a thing of beauty!! One of only 5 Hudsons owned by CNR, #5703 still exists, at the Elgin Country Ry Museum in St. Thomas, Ont.

Here's a quote from their website:

**** "Originally slated to be scrapped at the end of the steam era in 1960, 5703 received new lease on life when the original 5700, which was marked for preservation, accidentally had a cutting torch taken to it.* Realizing their mistake, Canadian National pulled 5703 from the scrap line and renumbered it 5700.

Built by the Montreal Locomotive Works in 1930 for high speed passenger service between Montreal and Windsor, she could only pull eight to ten coaches, but was capable of speeds over 100 mph."****

This model is a limited edition BLI, cast metal with metal pipes and grab irons, Vanderbuilt tender and numerous other prototypical details. I think I'm in love!

Val

Attachments

• CN5703LR.jpg
    CN5703LR.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 434

TrainClown

Apr 17, 2003
Saskatchewan, Canada
Visit site
Now you've done it! When I thought you were getting all steamed up over your trains, I had no idea. ;) What a beautiful engine!!! How many coaches have you got to go with it? Is that a photo you took of your train? Can you post some specs on it please? (the model I mean)

I love those Hudsons.

TrainClown :D

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
I have 6 coaches, but 2 are wobbly, so I probably wouldn't use them except as static displays. The specs are as follows:

Die-cast metal frame and shell
Metal pipes and grab irons
Closed cab (as CN had)
Vanderbuilt tender with centipede trucks
Center mounted headlight, CN number board below
and the standard BLI 5-pole can motor and DCC Quantum sound

The sound has a ton of features such as blower hiss, water injector, pop off, air let off, start up, shut down, bell, whistle, doppler effect and the coolest of all (IMO) coupler crash!

Want one yet? ;) :D :D ;)

Val

F

Fred_M

Everyone deserves to treat themself to such things from time to time. Take us some pictures of it on your wonderful layout, PLEASE. Fred

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Val,Being a diesel man I just gotta say that loco is a thing of pure beauty. :thumb:
I know that engine is far more beautiful then my belove GP7/9s.. :cry: