HMS "Prince of Wales"/GPM Nr 198

Scorpio

Mar 21, 2004
Germany / Aachen
www.Kartonist.de
Hello friends,
Now I begin my new construction report.
My new project is HMS. Prince of Wales - graduation 1:200 from publishing company GPM from Poland.
The history:

HMS Prince of Wales, was built by Cammell Laird and launched on the 3rd May 1939. She served with the home fleet during 1940 - 1941, and in company with HMS Hood, engaged the Bismarck and Prinz Eugen on 24th May 1941, but broke of the engagement after receiving damage. She was at Singapore in October 1941, but was sunk off Malaya, (along with HMS Repulse) by Japanese Torpedo Aircraft on the 10th December 1941.

Displacement: 35,000 Speed: 28.0kt Complement: 1,553 - 1,558
Armament: Ten 14 - inch guns, Sixteen 5.25 inch guns, forty-eight 2pdr anti-aircraft guns.

HP.
Unfortunately, I can publish no pictures
"Upload Error : Could not upload Attachment to . / uploads / 1_359.jpg ."
why? I do not know.

dakwinner

Jun 24, 2004
Olympic Peninsula, Washington
This looks like fun. I have a copy of this kit and it looks impressive. Very nicely printed and the construction diagrams are excellent. A Scorpio build should be a beautiful thing to behold.

Are you going to use the photo-etched sheets provided by GPM? Also, Tom’s Modelworks has a 1:200 photo-etch sheet for King George V class ships that will work for the Prince of Wales. It has some duplicate items that are on the GPM sheet; however, it has all the crane assemblies and gun shields that are missing from the GPM sheet.

I hope you can get the picture upload thing figured out. The photos are what really make your posts so intriguing.

Dave

ehouli

Aug 7, 2004
Caracas, Venezuela
Hi Christoph,

I'm looking forward for this build, I hope the pictures problem will be solved soon.

One question: Does this edition solved the problem with the Turret B base? I have just the previous version and after a couple of weeks of getting it, I received an e-mail with the corrected part on Acrobat format, if you have any doubts I may upload it to the parts bin.

Cheers,

Erick

Scorpio

Mar 21, 2004
Germany / Aachen
www.Kartonist.de
Hello Ron,
I have checked everything. I the pictures do not publish here on forum can does not lie with my computer but is that a mistake with the forum. The forum accepts no pictures of me.
Greeting
Christoph

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi Erick

Try to up load it, I have this kit also and if you already have a problem solved thats great.

Thanks for letting us all know

I look forward to seeing it in the bin

Thanks

Rob

Scorpio

Mar 21, 2004
Germany / Aachen
www.Kartonist.de
Hello Jim,
I have tried everything. Form accepts no photos of me. Always the identical mistake.
The problem also has Wilfried and other colleagues. It must be something with the forum. Can somebody check this?

Greeting
Christoph

Wilfried

Aug 20, 2004
Bremen, Germany
Hello friends,

I don't no, where the problem is located; I would like to start a new thread for the"newbies" here onto the forum. And for the advanced modellers a thread correcting the "Graf Spee" from GPM.
But without the possibility of presenting pictures of the progress?

I'am waiting for good news
the Wilfried

tino

Mar 17, 2004
Ponte de Lima Portugal
Great choice Christoph, i have seen your prewiew in the german forum and this model should be a dream to make.
Regards,
Diamantino Mateus

Scorpio

Mar 21, 2004
Germany / Aachen
www.Kartonist.de
Hello friends,
You do not think that I a lounger am I might point what is already ready and what I must still do.
Thus:
When the first parts I have cut out were the long frames
They should be strengthened with 1 mm cardboard as well as all parts by frame scaffolding

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Looking great, Christoph! :D Even at this early stage. :wink:

I was wondering...that reinforcement strip on the former for the armor plating, is that part of the kit construction or your own idea? Either way, I am amazed with the accuracy of your work in providing spacing between those reinforcement strips to account for the thickness of the hull formers. :shock: This is going to be another great ship, I think. :D

Looking forward to more when you can.

Cheers!

Jim