HMS Chiddingfold by GreMir

P

Padre

I made an error early on at the bow.:cry: I put the wrong color gun mount there:eek:. Error is corrected and put in its rightful place at the middle of the ship:p. The guns are designed so that the barrels will go up and down but not side to side. With a little thought and work they could probably be made to do that if anyone wanted to.

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 9
  • error (1).jpg
    error (1).jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 11
  • error (2).jpg
    error (2).jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 9

Rick Thomson

Aug 21, 2005
Rastatt, Germany
Watching very closely and learning:thumb:,I have a few of Gremirs RN destroyers, tried Garland and completely messed up the lower hull:cry:, After watching your Repulse build, I hope I can learn from you. I keep hoping that one day Gremir will release a tribal class destroyer, as they are my favourite all time ship design
keep up the great work
Mick

I expect that you already know this, but one of the members here did a very nice Tribal a while back. Try a search under HMS Eskimo

Rick

smyfe

Dec 29, 2006
Stourbridge, West Midlands UK
Many thanks Rick, i had not seen that:thumb:,The search also turned up a build thread on the Glowworm, which is on my list to do. I am trying to start HMS Savage at the moment, but it has taken me longer to cut out the formers than it has taken Padre to do all this. Padre you are also to blame for me buying the Repulse:twisted:, I am learning a great deal from your threads, but at a much slower pace:mrgreen:

P

Padre

And when the wife asks "Where the heck are you going to put that BIG thing (Repulse)?":cry: (don't read anything else into that question!!)sign1. I suppose that is my fault too?:mrgreen:

P

Padre

Finished stern parts, ladders (missing one), aft gun mount and depth charge racks and launchers. Barrels of gun mounts are able to go up and down and as I said before, a little work and they probably could be made to turn also. You might see the number 70 on the stern deck, that will be removed by GreMir.

Attachments

• Stern.jpg
    Stern.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 8
  • Stern (1).jpg
    Stern (1).jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Stern (2).jpg
    Stern (2).jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Stern (4).jpg
    Stern (4).jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Stern (5).jpg
    Stern (5).jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 5
P

Padre

Completed screws, rudder, fore planes and sonar. screw shafts are internally braced with a round plastic strip.

Attachments

• Props.jpg
    Props.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Props (1).jpg
    Props (1).jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Props (2).jpg
    Props (2).jpg
    153 KB · Views: 8
  • Props (3).jpg
    Props (3).jpg
    144 KB · Views: 8
  • Props (4).jpg
    Props (4).jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 6
P

Padre

Ships boats/davits and piping on stack. Used styrene rods for them. To those following this thread, thanks for the kind words.

Attachments

• boats-pipes.jpg
    boats-pipes.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 10
  • boats-pipes (1).jpg
    boats-pipes (1).jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 7
  • boats-pipes (2).jpg
    boats-pipes (2).jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 6
  • boats-pipes (3).jpg
    boats-pipes (3).jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 7
  • boats-pipes (4).jpg
    boats-pipes (4).jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 7
P

Padre

Done with masts (small item remaining), rigging (a few lines not done) and finished radar and anchors. Going to do lifelines/railings now. I have been trying to figure out a few small parts and where they go and I keep looking for anything I have missed.

Attachments

• masts.jpg
    masts.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 9
  • masts (2).jpg
    masts (2).jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 8
  • masts (3).jpg
    masts (3).jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 8
  • masts (4).jpg
    masts (4).jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 8
  • masts (5).jpg
    masts (5).jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 8
  • masts (6).jpg
    masts (6).jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 10
P

Padre

Pretty much done with HMS Chiddingfold by GreMir. It is now up for his approval. Some slight changes made by me as to my skills and efforts, none really noticeable.

Attachments

• zDone (1).jpg
    zDone (1).jpg
    150 KB · Views: 16
  • zDone (2).jpg
    zDone (2).jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 10
  • zDone (3).jpg
    zDone (3).jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 13
  • zDone (4).jpg
    zDone (4).jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 12
  • zDone (5).jpg
    zDone (5).jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 15
  • zDone (7).jpg
    zDone (7).jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 12
P

Padre

The railings are cut from 110lb card, I used a template I found on the web and reduce or enlarge on the printer as needed.