HMS Chiddingfold by GreMir

Discussion in 'Ship & Watercraft Models' started by Padre, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Padre

Padre Guest

I made an error early on at the bow.:cry: I put the wrong color gun mount there:eek:. Error is corrected and put in its rightful place at the middle of the ship:p. The guns are designed so that the barrels will go up and down but not side to side. With a little thought and work they could probably be made to do that if anyone wanted to.

Attached Files:

2. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

I expect that you already know this, but one of the members here did a very nice Tribal a while back. Try a search under HMS Eskimo

Rick
  3. smyfe

smyfe Member

Many thanks Rick, i had not seen that:thumb:,The search also turned up a build thread on the Glowworm, which is on my list to do. I am trying to start HMS Savage at the moment, but it has taken me longer to cut out the formers than it has taken Padre to do all this. Padre you are also to blame for me buying the Repulse:twisted:, I am learning a great deal from your threads, but at a much slower pace:mrgreen:
  4. Padre

Padre Guest

And when the wife asks "Where the heck are you going to put that BIG thing (Repulse)?":cry: (don't read anything else into that question!!)sign1. I suppose that is my fault too?:mrgreen:
  5. Pretty dog one good good job.
  6. Padre

Padre Guest

Finished stern parts, ladders (missing one), aft gun mount and depth charge racks and launchers. Barrels of gun mounts are able to go up and down and as I said before, a little work and they probably could be made to turn also. You might see the number 70 on the stern deck, that will be removed by GreMir.

Attached Files:

7. Padre

Padre Guest

Completed screws, rudder, fore planes and sonar. screw shafts are internally braced with a round plastic strip.

Attached Files:

8. Padre

Padre Guest

Ships boats/davits and piping on stack. Used styrene rods for them. To those following this thread, thanks for the kind words.

Attached Files:

9. smyfe

smyfe Member

Padre, there are only three words to describe this build, Stunning as usual:thumb::thumb:
  10. Padre

Padre Guest

Done with masts (small item remaining), rigging (a few lines not done) and finished radar and anchors. Going to do lifelines/railings now. I have been trying to figure out a few small parts and where they go and I keep looking for anything I have missed.

Attached Files:

11. Padre

Padre Guest

Pretty much done with HMS Chiddingfold by GreMir. It is now up for his approval. Some slight changes made by me as to my skills and efforts, none really noticeable.

Attached Files:

12. RAleischman

RAleischman New Member

I'm working on HMS Glowworm, also from GreMir. How did you do the railings?
  13. Teamski

Teamski Member

Beautiful job skipper!

-Ski
  14. Padre

Padre Guest

The railings are cut from 110lb card, I used a template I found on the web and reduce or enlarge on the printer as needed.