HALO Automatic

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by silveroxide, Aug 8, 2014.

1. silveroxide

silveroxide Well-Known Member

And the build thread continues with more updates. As mentioned earlier, the chip board does not lend itself to be a smooth finish if it is sanded. To avoid the rough fuzzy edge, with the first paint, in this case primer, I smooth the edges with a round object, in this case, the stem of the paint brush. With the following paint job, I repeat the process, this keeps the fuzz down and gives a smoother finish. One of the hardest part of paper modeling, is to achieve a round edge that follows a contour. With this method, it is achieved. Enjoy and see you soon with more photo updates.
    031.jpg

032.jpg

033.jpg

034.jpg

035.jpg
  2. silveroxide

Here are more updates on the build.

036.jpg
    The rear sight is made from a block of wood which was faster than making it out of laminated card stock
    037.jpg

038.jpg
    The original prop version has either a yellow or white sight markers, but I opted for red instead.

039.jpg
    As usual, I try to change the look of paper to something else, This model is no exception, I guess you can call it a decepticon.

040.jpg
    zathros, Revell-Fan, Sanginus and 2 others like this.
  3. silveroxide

The model at this time is finished along with the display stand. Here is the next batch of photos and see you soon with more.

041.jpg

042.jpg

044.jpg

045.jpg

046.jpg
  4. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

No, it does not look like a paper craft at all. It looks more like a movie (or cos-play) prop.
    Sanginus likes this.
  5. silveroxide

Thanks, that is the look I was trying for.

Well the project is finished, now all that is left is editing the photos, here is he next batch of photos for your enjoyment.

047.jpg

048.jpg

049.jpg

050.jpg

051.jpg
  6. silveroxide

Thanks for the likes guys.

The display stand begins. I used a generic vcr box as the base for the project. I had two options for the logos. The first one met with disaster and I opted for the second one, which will be in the next posting. This version would have looked good but the paper stuck to the paint and ripped the wings and some of the paint off. I had to re-cover the top and go to option 2.

052.jpg

053.jpg

055.jpg

057.jpg

059.jpg
    zathros, Revell-Fan and Rhaven Blaack like this.
  7. silveroxide

More on the 2nd option display base. The logo has been changed and the magazine gun holder is attached along with a bullet holder tray. The next installment will be on the making of the bullets.

061.jpg

062.jpg

063.jpg

064.jpg

066.jpg
  8. Rhaven Blaack

I like the concept of the stand.
    It looks GREAT!!!
  9. silveroxide

Thanks, I really like the way it came out. I was going to box it like the M-1911 but this way it sits better as a display.

The making of the bullets is here and the final build sequence is almost at an end. The next batch will be the finished model.

068.jpg

069.jpg

070.jpg

071.jpg

072.jpg

073.jpg

075.jpg

076.jpg

077.jpg
  10. silveroxide

And so another build thread is ended, the next postings will be on the finished model. The originator, Rocketmantan, is on a hiatus at the merchant marine academy and I assume he will have little time to check on his works. I wish to thank him for the design. It is very basic but it screamed to be detailed and I attempted to do just that. I enjoyed doing this build and my grandson is very well pleased with it. I made it sturdy enough that hopefully it will last a while. I may have to do one for myself but there are too many models out there crying to be built. I am still unsure as to the next project, I was considering a Space Marine bolter, but is a big project in size. The mini one is ok but I would like to do a 1/1 scale. Then there is the dropship that I left off and have not finished and of course the Viper build appreciation thread. Well I hope that you have all enjoyed the build thread as much as I did in building it. Whatever comes next, see you all soon with more to come.

078.jpg

080.jpg

081.jpg

082.jpg 083.jpg

084.jpg
  11. silveroxide

And finally, the final photos of the HALO gun. Enjoy and I am off to something else again.

085.jpg
    086.jpg

087.jpg

088.jpg

089.jpg

090.jpg
  12. vulcan8630

vulcan8630 Member

Another beautiful and detailed piece of art! You are truly a "Master" of the craft! Thank you for sharing this detailed build!!!!
  13. Rhaven Blaack

ABSOLUTELY SPECTACULAR!!!

I am certain that @RocketmanTan would APPRECIATE what all you have done with this model!!!

KUDOS TO YOU ON A FINE JOB WELL DONE!!!

Thank you for sharing this with us!
  14. silveroxide

Thank you for looking in and for your comments, Never be satisfied with what is but it can be. See you around the forum.

Thank you for your comment, and I do like to share my techniques, so that others can learn from what I can offer, that is not to say, that I also learn from other builders here as well.
  15. zathros

zathros -----SENIOR---- Administrator

Jeez!! I bet you have 30 or 40 undocumented workers working in your basement on these!! :)
  16. silveroxide

You know, I could make a killing making and selling these, but then the government will penalize me for making money. Any hows, My grandson liked it so much that he does not play with it but has it on display. thanks for looking in.
  17. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator

I AM SPEECHLESS! Your skills and dedication are beyond words, silver! :):):)