H.O Sunday Photo Fun 6-13-04

sprink

Jun 8, 2004
Detroit Michigan
HIYA FELLAS!!!!!
It's time for another installment of SPF. What have you magicians been up to lately? I've been beset by the Summer Flu since Friday so I haven't done much. As always, all pics are appreciated.
I've whipped up some Pilsbury Grand Cinnamon Rolls and some breakfast scramblers.There's coffee,tea,soda and water on the counter. ENJOY!!

sprink

Jun 8, 2004
Detroit Michigan
aaa.sized.jpg

Here's a pic that I took some time ago. I kinda like it except for the Sword(I collect them) at the nose of the SD-60.

CN1

May 6, 2003
Aaaaaa! That's what it is :D

I thaught it was a missile or something :confused:

Nice work by the way :thumb: :thumb:

Where did you get that nice looking Coke Machine :confused: :thumb: :wave:

sprink

Jun 8, 2004
Detroit Michigan
CN1,
I am embarassed to say that I can't rmember who makes the soda machine. I believe it is a fairly well known company though. They also have cases of soda in bottles . I love the little details. MellowMike and Jon Grant are unequalled in their attention to detail. Many others are as well, but they come to mind.Shamus and Mastiffdog are also phenominal.
I looked at the other thread you have concerning first gen diesels and I too love 'em. I wish Atlas or someone would make a C630 or C636. I have the Stewarts which are very nice,but I'm getting spoiled with factory dcc and sound. Maybe Stewart will strike a deal with QSI.

CN1

May 6, 2003
sprink don't be embarassed it's ok :D :D

I'll take a look at my hobby/train-shop.
It looks realy good and you're right: little details makes a big difference :thumb:

There's just somethin' about older diesel isn't? :confused: :thumb:

I wish someone would make a C630 or C636 too.
I can't afford brass and nowadays some plastic model are very well detailed too.
I think I'll make the jump to sound this fall. I heard it's quite addictive.... :eek: :wave:

F

Fred_M

Since it's called fun... Acme exterminators, "You have what on your roof?"

wildlife.jpg

BTW, this is a new picture.

sprink

Jun 8, 2004
Detroit Michigan
Glen,
Fabulous bridge. Scratch built? How'd you do the Ford so convincingly?
Dash,
HEHEHEHEHEHE...... I love stuff like that. When I do another layout, I'm gonna have an "Easter Egg Hunt". You know, find the penquin in the car or where's the Giraffe or find the shark in the pool. Put the questions on a dry erase board or a chalk board and watch people start hunting.
Jon,
UH-OH. Conrail now too? I didn't know you were so eclectic.You need to sample some stuff on the otherside of the Mississippi as well. Armour Yellow and Harbormist Gray perhaps?

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
Fabulous bridge. Scratch built? How'd you do the Ford so convincingly?

Thanks, The Bridge is a Juneco Howe truss craftsman kit. It was originaly a 150' but I built it 75' since that was how long my gap was. The ford is an Alloy Forms model (the junkyard cars set) and I hand formed the hood over the body of another ford using tin foil. It was given a quick brush on of white (so the metal color would still bleed through a bit) and then dry-brushed with Floquil roof brown and rust

NYC-BKO

Jun 6, 2004
Scottdale, PA
Real nice so far people.

Jon, nice locos, heck with the west, how about New England, BAR, MEC or B&M;)

Glen, nice bridge and scene:D

Fred and Sprink, nice scenes:)

Jeremy, someone finally got to UP:rolleyes::thumb:

CN1

May 6, 2003
Way to go guys :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

F

Fred_M

Tyson Rayles said:
Very nice folks! Some great shots, Dash10 always love your sense of humor! How about next week we post this in the photo forum and let any scale be posted?
I'm not going to edit any "non-god's scale" photos. :D Post away! That might be a good idea next week sprink :thumb: . Put it in photos next week please. ;) Fred

Nice work as usual! :thumb:

I finally got back to my culvert project. The High-line grade has some
drainage problems and a culvert was badly needed.

109_0978.JPG

Here's the ideal site for a culvert. It just took a small hammer to excavate
the "bore".

109_0979.JPG

I used WS plaster cast culvert pieces.

109_0981.JPG

Here they are glued together with AC.

109_0982.JPG

Test fitting.

109_0984.JPG

The hole is painted flat black.

109_0985.JPG

A wash of sand and india ink bring out some detail.

109_0988.JPG

Sculptamold is used to fill in the contours.

109_0989.JPG

Some added color and the plaster painted tan latex.

109_0990.JPG

Some WS ground cover added.

109_0994.JPG

More scenery "texture" is still needed as well as some detailing on the culvert stones. And some water, of course.