Gundam GP03 Stamen

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Ok. I'm totally jumping on the Gundam band wagon here. I just don't think there are enough non SD Gundam models out there.

I always liked the look of Gundam but had never seen it before. Just before Christmas, the first time I got to see it, it was Gundam 0083:Stardust Memory. I thought it was excellent! Plus I liked the GP Units alot! :)

Then the free model comp was announced and I wanted to enter. At first I was going to enter the Hi-V, or Ex-S models but then remembered 0083. So I opted for the GP03 Stamen as my subject. Here's a pic of how it looks:

m38_n02.jpg

m38_n03.jpg

So, now the plan is for me to design the paper model, offer it as a free download(which I would have done anyway), then build and enter it in the comp.

The model will stand around 50cm tall when built,this is because it will be poseable. I have included joints for neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, fingers, hips, knees, and ankles. Also, parts of the Core Block will need to have movement to accomodate the leg movement.

Most of the computer design is done with just feet and remaining parts of the core block requiring final touches.

Here's some pics:

WIP2.jpg

WIP5.jpg

WIP31.jpg

WIP33.jpg

And that's it so far. When I get a minute later on I'll do his feet. Textures for marking and panellines for this will be added post unfold as I usually do. The one problem I fear is not being able to find close up photos of the labels and markings around the suit. Can anyone help here? Due to it's finished size, I hope to include everything.

Please, comments are welcome. :)

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
I should add that this will be a very complex model due to the recesses inside the limb parts to fit the joints and allow movement. That's the reason for it's build size. To make those small parts more "chubby digit" friendly and keep the model buildable.

Also, as well as the feet and core block, I need to model the sheild and weapon.

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Thanks buddy. I appreciate it.

I'm not so much in the contest to win it. Though it'd be nice of course. :) I never really took part in the forum here or any contests before so I'm doing it as more of a "take part" thing. Plus it's a great insentive to get this done.

I'll be back to work on his feet later this evening.

S

Soaring

o_O Can't wait till you're done! Yes! As said in the email. POSEABLE! Finally! Thanks Skup!

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Hopefully poeable. ;) They work in my head but we won't know until I build it. I'm quietly confident though.

JustForFun

Jul 25, 2007
Wow! Looks great! Stardust Memory is one of my all time favorite Gundam animes! Are you planning on adding any decals like the Master Grade Bandai kits come with?

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Thanks, ad the answer is yes. That's what I was referring to in my first post. I need to know what all the markings say. I don't have this in plastic kit so I'll need te help of a kind member hre to either scan a decal sheet for this Gundam( I know that's kinda frowned upon because of copyright and that), or take close up photos of the markings on a the kit if they have one.

Any help in that area would be greatly appreciated. All of those marking will be added to the unfolded parts, prior to release. :)

Soaring, thanks for the offer but my comp entry will be the beta build also. This is because of the time limits for the comp.

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Ok, got his feet and ankle joints done. :) Almost done with the modelling now. The feet were trickier than anything else, I was surprised at that.

WIP34.jpg

WIP35.jpg

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Thaks guys. I'm glad you like it. I only hpe it comes off as wellin paper. The joints in particular. :)

Getter1

Jun 28, 2005
Spokane, WA
Ok. I'm totally jumping on the Gundam band wagon here. I just don't think there are enough non SD Gundam models out there.

HEY!!! Just what's wrong with SD!!!

jk Your Stamen is looking great ;)

Would you consider something from the Zeta or ZZ series? Say GM2 or GM3?

Getter 1

Attachments

• 01130275.JPG
    01130275.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 30

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Hi Getter, I've actually become quite keen on the SD Gundam models. The problem is there are more of them around than full sized Gundam models. I for one prefer the full sized ones too. :)

My good friend rlc321 is currently designing the Hyaku Shiki Gundam. Isn't that from the Zeta series? I'm still getting upto speed on the many different series of the Gundam universe.

My current plan is to finish this, then go and do the GP02, and both versions of the GP01. I also have a 50% complete Strike Freedom Gundam that I need to finish. I know that one is out there already but the PDO is so confusing, I've heard mixed reports on it. Plus, if they work I'd like to add my joints to all my future Gundam designs.

There are so many cool designs out there for Gundam that it gets difficult to choose which one to do as a papermodel. :)

I'll look into Zeta or ZZ series too for future models. ;)

Getter1

Jun 28, 2005
Spokane, WA
Hello Skupilkinson,

Check this site out for refrences on Gundam and many other various anime mecha,

MAHQ - Your Ultimate Source For Gundam And Other Mecha

GP-02A huh? That's my favorite suit from Stardust :D

Gundam is a huge universe. You just need to keep in mind the original story line and the A.U.s (Alternate Universe).

The A.U.s are;

G-Gundam
Gundam X
Gundam Wing
Gundam SEED
Not sure bout the new series Gundam 00

G-Gundam (an A.U.) is one series that sees very little attention as far as models go. In fact I've seen only one being planned in paper and it was an SD.

G1

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
I'll be sure to check that out thanks Getter. I'm still learningthe ins and outs with the help of rlc321. We've become good friends through Gundam and papermodels.

Yeah the GP02 is my fav from Stardust Memory too. I just didn't want to jump in at the deep end with him. I'm learning tons about modelling Gundam through the GP03, then use that to design the others.

Lex

Dollmaker
Dec 1, 2006
Oxford, UK
Another designer jumping into Mecha!! Now I'm more than tempted to build a Gundam myself...... Nice design there, can't wait to see it done :D