Gundam GP03 Stamen

Master-Bruce

Woh. Really? Removed from shelves due to their names? The world is going crazy!

Getter, I see your point. They are just for fun, I didn't like them until recently. rlc321 converted me. LOL

Speaking of SD, check this out!

VIEWTIFUL_MEGATRON_by_dyemooch.jpg

Off topic but very cool! I may have ago at designing a paper version of him.

You have June's ZZ? I understand it's a commercial kit? I also have issues when ordering online so I'll probably not get my hands on that. A pity 'cause it looks great!

Modelling is all done now on the GP03. I've also seen an orange coloured version for the experimental GP03. So this will be coming in 2 colour scemes now also. :)

Master-Bruce

Here's a look at the kit by G System. I'll be trying to copy this look for my papermodel. As well as this I'll be covering the traditional white and blue version too.

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

Image3.jpg

Getter1

Hey skupilkinson,

June's stuff is hard to get since they are only sold at Wonderfestival. Unless you can go to the event in Japan you need to find someone to get you one or wait for one to pop up on Yahoo Japan which is a whole diffrent ball game. Most Yahoo Japan sellers don't sell outside of Japan so you need a middle man. My middle man is actually a guy I deal with through another friend in the states (I've never spoken to the one in Japan yet). So escentially I have 2 middle men and everything ends up being shipped 3 times to get to me :p I only Yahoo Japan stuff that's really hard to get otherwise since it ends up costing you big time.

As for anyone looking for plastic Gundam kits I have 2 really good stores stateside. They have secure servers and I've never had any troubles with them,

ImageAnime- Japanese Collectible Toys!

GUNDAM<BR>Thousands of Items In Stock!

Wow I've not heard why Wal-Mart quit selling Gundam kits. What a stupid reason. I guess it makes sense, afterall many of the mobile suits from G-Gundam had name changes (some of which I don't know why). The "G-Gundam" is actually the "God-Gundam", renamed the "Burning-Gundam". The "Dark-Gundam" is actually the "Devil-Gundam". I suppose these are the ones they were refering to? Some people need to get a life :(

G1

Master-Bruce

Thanks Getter, I'm not that connected. Especially here in the UK. Nor will I probably ever get the chance to go to Wonderfest or any overseas convention. Too costly for me. :(

I find it frustrating that I can't get hold of these kits. With so many being from a country where I can't read their web pages, can't buy due to nasty past experiences, or because I can't get to the shows. That's why I've turned to design some myself to try and help myself and othersin a similar situation. :)

Master-Bruce

Here's a thought. If anyone reading this thread can help me get a copy of these models(and I don't mean pirated ;) ), an actual original copy. I would be prepared to design them a model.

PM me if you have a copy of a Gundam model you'd be willing to trade, and we can discuss wht it is I might be able to do for you in return. :)

I hope this isn't breaking any rules as I'm not asking for dodgy copies.

Getter1

Hey skupilkinson,

Those stores I posted earlier do ship worldwide I believe.

Here are a couple other stores that are based in Japan but ship worldwide and the sites are in Einglish :D ,

Hobby Search Gundam Model Online Store Hobby Search

HobbyLink Japan Home Page Hobbylink Japan

Hobblink Japan's shipping is a tad high so it's best to order several things to make it worth it.

Bothe these stores sell for the actual yen price unlike the hyped up Wal-Mart prices a while back. Look into them. They are completely safe.

Hobby Search also has a wonderful feature. On all the kits they sell they have in the item pages all the pages for the instructions in case your kit's instruction book becomes lost. This would be very helpful to you as the Master Grade Gundam kits have pages with front and side views. Good stuff for your designs :D

G1

Master-Bruce

Thanks buddy. I may look into it though in the past I've not had good experiences when buying online so I've been put off. That's part of my whole problem. That and that I no longer use paypal because of some of the same nasty experiences from buying and selling online.

It kinda cuts me off from some things. But I'm in no hurry to get burned again.

Ronin

skupilkinson, it's just amazing what are you doing. If you need more sites, i don't know if anyone have already posted, but
´Þ·ÕÀÌÀÇ °ÇÇÃ¶ó ¸®ºä (if the name is strange, the reason is that my pc don't have the oriental language .-")
is very good.

I wish you a good job man, i decide to check your gundam.

*Sorry about my english!

Paragon

Definitely exciting looking progress! I've been a fan of Gundam since middle school, and I agree there are far too many SD Gundam models, and not nearly enough normal scale free Gundam models. An excellent choice in mobile suit as well.

Master-Bruce

Thanks guys. Dalong.net is actually my "special place" for Gundam reference. They scan the instructions so the plans in them are great for getting proportions right. It's actually where O got the two pics I posted in my opening post. ;)
Yeah, there are too many SD's compared to full size kits out there. I like both but wanted to try and get more of a balance out there.

I hope to do the other RX-78s from Stardust too. GP02 next!!

A

ARMORMAN

Skup,
"Universal greeting?"

SD models are nice, but they still strike me as Full scale models being stuck in a garbage masher.

Paragon

I don't know...I just don't understand the point or allure of SD models, I never have. They strike me as sort of...dumb...and certainly not cute.

I don't know if you'd want to, but I'd really like to have some models of the less popular mobile suits from Gundam Wing, the really common "cannon fodder" ones. They tend to look very spartan and military compared to the flamboyant colors of the gundams and most mobile suits from the other series'. Taurus, Virgo, Tragos, Leo, Aires, Cancer, Pices, and Scorpion in particular.

Maybe I'll try designing a few myself at some point too.

Getter1

I don't know...I just don't understand the point or allure of SD models, I never have. They strike me as sort of...dumb...and certainly not cute.

That's a pretty harsh comment. Are you trying to start something? They are niether dumb or pointless. If YOU don't get it that doesn't make em stupid!!!!

I don't know if you'd want to, but I'd really like to have some models of the less popular mobile suits from Gundam Wing, the really common "cannon fodder" ones. They tend to look very spartan and military compared to the flamboyant colors of the gundams and most mobile suits from the other series'. Taurus, Virgo, Tragos, Leo, Aires, Cancer, Pices, and Scorpion in particular.

I'm in agreement with you here though. The grunts never get any love.

G1

S

Soaring

I agree with Paragorn about the SD :D Still, I'm gonna build a Lego SD.... >.< Only for reference/ help :D

Master-Bruce

Ooh! Some strong feelings on SD here. LOL Easy guys. :) didn't like them before but I now see the appeal, though I've not yet built one SD model. YET ;)

Paragon, could you send me some pics of these. I'm still a little green when it comes to the ins and outs. I've only seen Stardust Memory and am soon to recieve Gundam Seed from a friend.

I'm always looking for potential subjects to paperise. :)

I'll update later with some pics or something to get back on topic. Before we have a SD war on our hands! LOL :)

Getter1

Hey skupilkinson,

Sorry for contrubuting to the thread getting a bit off topic here.

All the SD bashing before seemed in all good fun and jesting :p I was playing back. The coment made by Paragon seemed outright slanderous and demening and it set me off a bit.

Those who don't like SD have the right to feel that way but to call them dumb and pointless is a rather dumb thing to say.

We all are entitled to have our opinions. Not everyone will like something that others like, but this thread is about Skup's GP-03, not about who likes SD or not. That being said let's get the thread back on topic.

G1