Groupe Buys.

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
I ordered an engine through Combat on a group buy he offered.

Part way through the deal he not only emailed me to tell me there was a screw up with the order but called several times on his dime:thumb: :thumb: . He offered to refund the money in full and get it out that day or to try to come up with another buy. I went with the other buy option and got 2 GP38s, one Atlas Master series DCC and one Athrean BB:thumb: :thumb: (and some change back).

I felt that he went out of his way to make things right after there was a problem and I would not hesitate to deal with him again:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: .

Rick

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
Dec 12, 2006
Cincinnati,Ohio
i havent bought any of combats locos because of,you guessed it.no money!!!but combat and others on here take good care of each other.i bought two GP-40's from JR switch and he was very helpful and understanding.good to hear you got your engines though :thumb: !--josh

COMBAT

Oct 28, 2006
Phoenix
Thanks. I still feel bad that the DCC with sound engine fell through. My goal was to make sure you were happy, or got your money back in full. That sound engine would have been really nice, but it wasnt ment to be. Next time perhaps. :)

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
COMBAT's group buys are great!I got in on the Kato BN SD70MAC and am pleased with it and the whole process.

Some deals are better then others,but they are all atleast equal to what you pay online and I would rather buy from COMBAT then online anyday,can't beat the personalized service!

Chris

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
If I was more into HO, I probably would have jumped in on every single one of his group buys so far. Great stuff for cheap! :thumb:

I've been toying with the idea of jumping to HO and putting away my O gauge stuff anyway.
I can actually get BN and BNSF stuff without breaking the bank in HO.

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
TruckLover said:
I got the SD70ACE from him and 3 of the N scale locos also from him, can't wait to get them.

An SD70ACe?!Sheesh I have to keep an better eye on his group buys!Of course when the T55 C&NW model comes out it's mine.:thumb:

You're welcome COMBAT!:wave:

Chris

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
CRed said:
An SD70ACe?!Sheesh I have to keep an better eye on his group buys!Of course when the T55 C&NW model comes out it's mine.:thumb:

You're welcome COMBAT!:wave:

Chris

:eek:ops: :eek:ops: did I say ACe? I meant MAC :eek:ops: :eek:ops: :eek:ops: :eek:ops: :eek:ops: sign1 It is the one in the group buy from last time :D

YmeBP

Dec 3, 2006
Southern New Jersey
www.skyersfamily.com
I'm new to the hobby and inexperienced, i've been sockign away lunch money for my trains :). I started out buying from feebay but i stopped. Not that they were bad deals on the contrary, but they were lower end loco's that honestly aren't very good :) (except my spectrum that thing runs almost like the kato). I stumbled on the sd70mac deal and i went for it. I bought one and loved it luck (and feebay buyers buyng my computer parts) was with me and i was able to get 2 more :).

I put together some $$ and went in for some atlas engines and i got them friday :). I've been playing w/ them since i can't say thanks enough. I couldn't afford to get this level of quality otherwise, not only that it takes the nerves out when buying an unknown brand. Up until the kato i'd only used athearn and thought they were the cat's meow but now i'm interested in tenshodo(because of ) and more atlas and kato's because i've been exposed to the good stuff :).

Long way of saying i'm happy there are group buys i've long been a fan of them since my rc car days, and wouldn't mind going in for a bulk purchase of other things like flex track (if logistics of shipping allow). 1000 pieces of flex is cheaper than 5 :).

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
TruckLover said:
:eek:ops: :eek:ops: did I say ACe? I meant MAC :eek:ops: :eek:ops: :eek:ops: :eek:ops: :eek:ops: sign1 It is the one in the group buy from last time :D

Now see you got me all excited:D.If Atlas or Kato came out with a SD70ACe in a road I liked I'd probably get it and save some money,but I'll be happy with the T55 one when it ever comes out,hopefully this year like they say.

Chris

COMBAT

Oct 28, 2006
Phoenix
Tower 55 are nearly impossible to get great deal on. Sorry. :(
I can get some savings but I have to be honest it aint much. :)

In regard to Miles stuff because there isnt a volume buy on it I dont know what the savings would be. Maybe some but I can check. I'll let you know. :)

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
COMBAT said:
Tower 55 are nearly impossible to get great deal on. Sorry. :(
I can get some savings but I have to be honest it aint much. :)

In regard to Miles stuff because there isnt a volume buy on it I dont know what the savings would be. Maybe some but I can check. I'll let you know. :)

As mentioned by me earlier,I would buy from you rather then online so any deal you could get on T55,even if it's not so much,would be good as far as I'm concerned.

If in the future if you can get a deal on a CP,CN or C&NW from T55 give it a shot,I would be very interested if I happen to have the funds.And if not,I'd do my best to get them and sell off some stuff to get one.

Chris