Groupe Buys.

COMBAT

Oct 28, 2006
Phoenix
SeriousSam said:
ok, I get it. thanks for the info. If you ever do another N scale thingie, i'll deffinetly check it out. Ive been looking to get four or five N scale IM SD40T-2s in the Rio Grande paint. But I dont want to pay 90 dollars each. Thats the price Im seeing at all these net stores. and the local hobby shops are about ten bucks more.

I checked for you. This is a tough engine to come by. It looks like I can get the Rio Grand that you want but cant do better on the price. Another hot engine thats too hot for a cheap sell. Sorry! :(

SeriousSam

Nov 2, 2005
San Antonio
COMBAT said:
I checked for you. This is a tough engine to come by. It looks like I can get the Rio Grand that you want but cant do better on the price. Another hot engine thats too hot for a cheap sell. Sorry! :(

Hey, thanks for trying. I might just have to paint custom paint some. I do hate stripping locomotives of their factory paint though. I have talked to Intermountain about buying unpainted shells, but they wont sell them unless they are a replacement for a broken one. Everyone should do what Atlas does and sell locomotive parts separately.

jbaakko

Jun 25, 2006
San Diego, CA
rr.blockchoice.com
CRed said:
Like COMBAT said,he'll never be able to get his hands on many those AC6000CW's.The first run is sold out and hard to find, the second run is on reserves so they'd be tough to get.I have seen a couple on E-Bay,but it's not too often you see them.

I love my UP AC6000!I haven't had a chance to run it yet,but it sure looks nice.I can't believe I only paid $150 for it.If I put it and my T55 NP ES44DC on E-Bay I'd probably make some money:D.

Chris
Yeah, I'd still love to get one though, lol!

How about some Athearn RTR AC4400's?

COMBAT

Oct 28, 2006
Phoenix
Like this?
http://www.athearn.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=ATH80895
ATH80895-250.jpg

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
I just got my Athearn RTR CP AC4400CW the other day,here's a picture...
tn_Chris012.jpg

The detail that they include on these look pretty darn good,the rest Details West can take care of,such as the cables,wipers,working ditch lights and such.

One thing you will have to do is add weight,they are very light!The end rail on one side came loose from the engine,but overall pretty nice models.I think mines going on E-bay along with some freight so I can get a T55 model when they come out.

Chris

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
Deano has like 70 UP or UP related engines lol, Maybe he would want another AC4400? He probly already has at least a few of em' :D I want to get another one in UP but I don't have that much money left, maybe another one or when I get some more money I will get another engine from ya.

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
TruckLover said:
Deano has like 70 UP or UP related engines lol,...He probly already has at least a few of em' :D
Sorry COMBAT, Josh IS 100% correct;). there are only 3 UP engines that i DON'T have(that i want), and two of them i already have on pre-order(BLI AC6000 & Tower55 SD70MACe);).

HOWEVER...if you can get a GOOD DEAL on a P2k UP GP7, THEN...i would be interested;). :D -Deano

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
COMBAT:wave:, thats the right engine:thumb:. i seen them at the Rockford show last weekend for $160.00, but i got a GREAT deal on MRC diesel switcher sound decoders and have 2 left, so i was looking for them WITHOUT sound. sorry to seem difficult:eek:ops:, but i practically stole the sound decoders, and the sound is really a GREAT MATCH for that model of engine:thumb:. COMBAT, can you pull one without sound out of your hat? :D -Deano

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
UP SD40-2 said:
COMBAT:wave:, thats the right engine:thumb:. i seen them at the Rockford show last weekend for $160.00, but i got a GREAT deal on MRC diesel switcher sound decoders and have 2 left, so i was looking for them WITHOUT sound. sorry to seem difficult:eek:ops:, but i practically stole the sound decoders, and the sound is really a GREAT MATCH for that model of engine:thumb:. COMBAT, can you pull one without sound out of your hat? :D -Deano

lmao :D :D

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
UP SD40-2 said:
Sorry COMBAT, Josh IS 100% correct;). there are only 3 UP engines that i DON'T have(that i want), and two of them i already have on pre-order(BLI AC6000 & Tower55 SD70MACe);).

HOWEVER...if you can get a GOOD DEAL on a P2k UP GP7, THEN...i would be interested;). :D -Deano
I already HAVE my AC6000 so there!sign1

J/K,I wish I had as many as you though.

COMBAT:Nice little engine and the price isn't too bad,just keep on trying and you'll have a hit like the Kato SD70 deal:thumb:.

Chris