Gauge "N" Boxcar TGR#101976

gerry m

Aug 8, 2001
Victoria, BC, Canada
Visit site
World Tour '03

A bed of sorts is fashioned for Tricia from some old potato sacks that someone found in the corner of the boxcar. The situation is really getting tense and poor old Tom now looks like a ghost!

Attachments

• ch 6 #1a.jpg
    ch 6 #1a.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 121

gerry m

Aug 8, 2001
Victoria, BC, Canada
Visit site
World Tour '03

It’s a tight squeeze between the pallets of beer, so the rescued crew joins the volunteers in immediately working on draining some more beer barrels. As each one is consumed by the parched crew, it’s moved over to the door and rolled out, trying not to hit anything important.

Attachments

• ch 6 #2b.jpg
    ch 6 #2b.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 123

gerry m

Aug 8, 2001
Victoria, BC, Canada
Visit site
World Tour '03

Tricia can’t wait for the hospital, and starts to give birth while Tom faints at the doorway and is pulled back into the boxcar at the last minute by one of the volunteers who just happened to be relieving himself out the door at the time.

Attachments

• ch 6 #3.jpg
    ch 6 #3.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 119

gerry m

Aug 8, 2001
Victoria, BC, Canada
Visit site
World Tour '03

As the consist finally rolls into the E&N yard, to a waiting ambulance and a huge cheering crowd, Tricia and her new triplets are whisked away to the hospital while the remaining beer is unloaded.

Attachments

• ch 6 #4.jpg
    ch 6 #4.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 114

gerry m

Aug 8, 2001
Victoria, BC, Canada
Visit site
World Tour '03

The rescued crew, bleary-eyed volunteers, and onlookers celebrate the dramatic rescue by demolishing the rest of the beer and feasting on remnants of potato chips and peanuts that were found between the floorboards of the boxcar.

Attachments

• ch 6 #5.jpg
    ch 6 #5.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 111

gerry m

Aug 8, 2001
Victoria, BC, Canada
Visit site
World Tour '03

Postscript:
Tom was roaring drunk for three days, Tricia and her new babies Tina, Tammy, and Teresa are all doing just fine, and the volunteers staggered back to the pub where they will be telling stories for years to come.

Meanwhile, The Gauge “N” boxcar, TGR #101976, is now being prepared for the great Victoria Train Show and then it will be barged off Vancouver Island to continue it’s World Tour ’03…

Attachments

• ch 6 #6.jpg
    ch 6 #6.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 109

gerry m

Aug 8, 2001
Victoria, BC, Canada
Visit site
Thanks

Thanks for all your comments everybody. The opportunity of getting in on the N-scale World Tour finally spurred me on to get some ballast down, something I've been trying to get to for close to a year :eek: !!!

My layout is a shelf, point-to-point 7 ft. long by 10 in. wide. I had to take about a week on each chapter to put ballast down in the area of the shoot and add enough scenics. ;)

I spaced the chapters along the full length of the layout, so now I've just about got all my ballast down. Just one more day to finish the job :) .

The hardest modelling job was for Chapter 1 :rolleyes: ! Actually, I believe it was a shot taken this summer in Arizona, although with the bad fire situation here it could easily have been taken in BC.

The World Tour '03 also spurred me on to complete some major landscaping for Chapter 2, including curbs, road, and parking lot. The building in the background is a cardboard mock-up I've been using for placement and I slapped some watercolor paint on it for the shoot.

It was fiddly work to make all the protest signs for Chapter 4. I used 0.005 styrene and styrene rod and an Optivisor to do the lettering without going blind :cool: ! For all scenes, I used Handcraft Designs "Mini-Hold" wax to temporarily hold the figures down, although I had to discard a lot of shots because the halogen lights I used for photography softened the wax and I ended up with a lot of dead people keeled over on the ground :eek: :eek: !!

I made the potato sack bed for Tricia from a bit of Kleenex squished down with 50/50 diluted white glue and a bit of acrylic paint. The barrel going over the side of the trestle was a bit of PhotoShop 6.0 manipulation.

All in all, it was a fun project and I got about a year's worth of work done on the layout in four weeks :D :D :D !!!

Attachments

• shelf 2b.jpg
    shelf 2b.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 163

K.V.Div

May 10, 2001
Shawnigan Lake, B.C. Canada
Visit site
Hi Clerk,

Sorry about the delay as I have been out of town for the past 2 1/2 weeks on urgent business.
The car will be in the mail on Monday morning and you should have it in a few days.
Once again, my most sincere apologies for the delay.
Cheers.

Terry

Clerk

Nov 6, 2002
Esparto, California
Visit site
Just received the N Gauge box car TGR 101976 this morning. Going into town this afternoon to borrow my daughters Digital Camera. Will return the camera back to her Sunday afternoon. She will download the pictures to her computer and E Mail them to me at which time I will post them here which will be sometime next week.

Terry...Do you have an address where it is to go next?