Gauge "N" Boxcar TGR#101976

K.V.Div

May 10, 2001
Shawnigan Lake, B.C. Canada
Visit site
2 days later, we spot TGR # 101976 as part of Extra 4081 West and carrying a load of furniture and Kokanee Beer from the Columbia Brewing Co. bound for Tillbury Island ferry dock, where it will be transfered to Gerry M on his Esquimalt And Nanaimo.:) :cool: :D
Cheers!

Terry

Attachments

• p1010075.jpg
    p1010075.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 93
  • p1010075.jpg
    p1010075.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 93

K.V.Div

May 10, 2001
Visit site
To: N gauger, Tyson, davidstrains, Sir_Prize and Charlie, Thank you all for the comments.
Having seen some of the work that you have posted, your positive comments seem like high praise indeed.
BTW, all the shots were taken on my 12ft NTrak module, my two 4ft oNeTrak modules and 3 of the oNeTrak modules owned by other members of the Victoria oNeTrak group.
Scenery is one of my favorite parts of model railroading (I like everything except wiring) and the scenery on my modules is priming me for when I start the construction of my new home layout which is now in the planning stage. :D :D :D
Cheers!

Terry

Clerk

Nov 6, 2002
Esparto, California
Visit site
The reason I asked about the couplers is all my cars have MT couplers and I thought I might like to take a stab at it. I don't have a digital camera but take pictures with one of these throw away cameras so the pictures won't be to hot.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Glad to see the car is holding up well during its fine journey. Great shots Terry and all others that have accepted the challange of monitoring the car's progress.

Clerk,

Not to worry, I took all my shots on a RR that was not running at the time and had very little scenery too boot. One will never notice if you don't have the right couplers since all shots should be still shots anyway......:) :)

Don

K.V.Div

May 10, 2001
Visit site
Hi Clerk,

Gerry M has it and is fixing up his layout a bit before the shoot.
He will be sending it back to me so that I can get some shots of it on Sept 9th on the combined Victoria NTrak and Victoria oNeTrak layouts at our annual show.
I will send it out to you on the 8th of Sept and I would like any other member who would like to run it on their layout, module or even display to send me their address and maybe we can get this rolling N Scale show back on the road again:cool: :D :)
Cheers!

Terry

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
Terry,

Great story line and pics of your modules and the "N-gauge box car". I am glad to see others stepping up to show the car on their layouts also. Each picture tour has been great. We get to see a lot of other layouts and the car gets more mileage:) :)

Looking forward to seeing more:)

gerry m

Aug 8, 2001
Victoria, BC, Canada
Visit site
World Tour '03

The World Tour ’03 continues for The Gauge “N” Boxcar TGR#101976 as it moves from the Kettle Valley Division to Vancouver and then is barged over to Vancouver Island, ending up in the Esquimalt & Nanaimo RR yard.

The Island Tour, on the CP right of way leased by the Pacific Wilderness Railway, follows in six chapters…

gerry m

Aug 8, 2001
Victoria, BC, Canada
Visit site
World Tour '03

Chapter 1

News Release (Island Press, Victoria, BC)

A 6.8 earthquake struck the Malahat area, 20 miles north of Victoria, at 8:21 am this morning causing huge rock slides and starting a forest fire trapping a railway crew from Victoria. The crew, consisting of approximately nine of the most experienced railroad men on Vancouver Island, were laying ballast at the Mile 20 Malahat siding when the earthquake struck. Contact with the crew has been made by radio, but all attempts to reach the site by road has been blocked by massive rockslides and a forest fire.

All railway equipment has been stranded north of the Malahat summit, but fortunately one locomotive leased from the New York Central Railroad and one boxcar, on a world tour, were in the Victoria rail yard when the earthquake struck. The boxcar is currently being loaded with relief supplies and a rescue attempt by rail will be made later this afternoon.

Attachments

• forest fire 1.jpg
    forest fire 1.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 85

gerry m

Aug 8, 2001
Victoria, BC, Canada
Visit site
World Tour '03

Chapter 2

It takes precious time to find enough ex-railroaders who know how to operate a GP-20 and get a short consist together for a rescue attempt since the entire Victoria crew is now stranded on the Malahat. Radio contact with the work crew is sporadic, but it appears they all survived the earthquake and fire which raged through the area and all they are asking for in the way of relief supplies is beer. Some barrels of local brew are quickly rounded up and loaded into TGR#101976 next to the collapsed, distinctively white, Victoria station. Here, some volunteers wait for the forklift to return while some local city folk look on. A crew of volunteers from the local pub is also assembled and loaded into the boxcar.

Attachments

• overview.jpg
    overview.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 86

gerry m

Aug 8, 2001
Victoria, BC, Canada
Visit site
World Tour '03

This group of onlookers are very cynical.

"Do these guys know what they're doing"? "At the rate they're going, those poor guys up on the Malahat are going to die of thirst"!

Attachments

• left b.jpg
    left b.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 74